• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 17 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Deleting background audio in PhotoSuite 7 Storyboard

Stavros

Question

Hi,

I’ve created a storyboard file (.dmsm file) and have also added background audio. I want to replace all of the existing background audio with new audio. However, because the audio files differ, I can’t just replace each audio files individually, there are too many silent gaps in the areas where the new audio files are shorter than the former files. So the only solution I see is to delete all of the existing background audio and add the new audio.

Can anyone help me out here?

9 answers to this question

Hi,

I've created a storyboard file (.dmsm file) and have also added background audio. I want to replace all of the existing background audio with new audio. However, because the audio files differ, I can't just replace each audio files individually, there are too many silent gaps in the areas where the new audio files are shorter than the former files. So the only solution I see is to delete all of the existing background audio and add the new audio.

Can anyone help me out here?

Do you happen to use Videowave since dmsm file is created by Videowave? Do you have the suite version of 7.5?

Do you just want to create audio that will serve as background for the entire duration of the production? If so, you can put together all your new audio files using the Sound Editor and edit them so you'll end up with the same amount of time as the Videowave production.

I have version 7.5 only so I don't know what is in version 7. I hope someone who knows version 7 steps in to provide advise.

EMC 7/7.1 has the same VideoWave and DVD Builder as EMC 7.5. Nothing was changed from the final updated patch, which made EMC 7 - 7.1.1.189, to EMC 7.5. If the OP has the EMC 7 suite, he has VideoWave in it.

The OP has the standalone PhotoSuite 7. There was no way to do a slide show in PhotoSuite in any of the EMC suites.

That's what I thought.

In that case, he might not have the Timeline view where you can add the audio seamlessly. I also don't know if the 'Fit to audio' option is available.

Now the version of StoryBoard that was included in EMC 7.1 has a Timeline view and both internal and external tracks. Sooooo....... just in case he has those options available.........

When you drag and drop audio in the Storyline View, the audio goes to the Internal track and will stay with that song. If the song is shorter than the duration of the photo, you'll get 'silent gaps.'

When you drag and drop audio in the Timeline View, the audio will span the photos and eliminate the 'silent gaps.' Just make certain that you add it to the end of the previous song and don't replace the original song.

Let us know what you find.

That's what I thought.

In that case, he might not have the Timeline view where you can add the audio seamlessly. I also don't know if the 'Fit to audio' option is available.

Now the version of StoryBoard that was included in EMC 7.1 has a Timeline view and both internal and external tracks. Sooooo....... just in case he has those options available.........

When you drag and drop audio in the Storyline View, the audio goes to the Internal track and will stay with that song. If the song is shorter than the duration of the photo, you'll get 'silent gaps.'

When you drag and drop audio in the Timeline View, the audio will span the photos and eliminate the 'silent gaps.' Just make certain that you add it to the end of the previous song and don't replace the original song.

Let us know what you find.

Thanks all for your attepts to help me out here.

This is what I have: PhotoSuite 7 Platinum.

The aplications included with the PhotoSuite 7 Platinum are: (1) Media Manager, (2) DVD Builder and (3) StoryBoard

Tools inclulded are: (1) Capture, (2) Label Creator and (3) Roxio Player...

That's it.

Thanks again.

Will you please open StoryBoard and see if you have a Storyline and/ or a Timeline option in the Production Editor ( right above where you drop your pictures) ?

Also, see if in the Storyline mode you have a 'Fit to audio' in the Production Editor icons.

We're just end users and don't have a copy of the PhotoSuite Platinum edition. Unfortunately, some features are disabled in some versions and we don't know which features are available. I think you have full features in your version, but I'm not sure.

Let us know if you have the Timeline option please.

Do you happen to use Videowave since dmsm file is created by Videowave? Do you have the suite version of 7.5?

Do you just want to create audio that will serve as background for the entire duration of the production? If so, you can put together all your new audio files using the Sound Editor and edit them so you'll end up with the same amount of time as the Videowave production.

I have the 7.0 version of the suite. And, no i don't have Videowave. Is there on work-around to my problem using suite 7.0?

Archived