Burning .bin & .cue

jacklyn9999

Question

I have Toast 7 and I am just doing the patch to u date to .2 version, I don't know if that makes a difference or not. I have a Imac 10.4.3 G5

I have a .bin/.cue video file plays fine with VLC media player. Is there a way to burn this onto a DVD so that I can play it on my top set DVD player. I have tried a few different ways of doing it (after reading instructions/checking forum) The instructions arn't too clear if this is only for PC/MAC and not top set DVD player

Can someone point me in the right direction. I don't want to waste any more blank DVDs

5 answers to this question

It's most likely that what you have is a bin/cue set for an SVCD. Most set top players will play these but you need to burn to a CD-R not DVD-R.

If you do want to make a DVD from this set you need to extract the original MPEG-2 file from the .bin. You can use SVCD Jelly from Gumby or vcdtoolsX to accomplish this.

If it turns out that the bin/cue set is actually for a VCD (MPEG-1) then you can create a DVD without re-encoding the video. Drag the extracted MPG to Toast's Video pane and select DVD-Video for the format. The only change necessary is to upsample the audio to 48khz which Toast will do automatically.

If the set is for an SVCD (MPEG-2) and you still want to make a DVD from it, you should still drag/select as above but both the video will need to be re-encoded as well as the audio upsampled and there will be some loss of quality, though it may not be readily perceptible.

It's most likely that what you have is a bin/cue set for an SVCD. Most set top players will play these but you need to burn to a CD-R not DVD-R.

If you do want to make a DVD from this set you need to extract the original MPEG-2 file from the .bin. You can use SVCD Jelly from Gumby or vcdtoolsX to accomplish this.

If it turns out that the bin/cue set is actually for a VCD (MPEG-1) then you can create a DVD without re-encoding the video. Drag the extracted MPG to Toast's Video pane and select DVD-Video for the format. The only change necessary is to upsample the audio to 48khz which Toast will do automatically.

If the set is for an SVCD (MPEG-2) and you still want to make a DVD from it, you should still drag/select as above but both the video will need to be re-encoded as well as the audio upsampled and there will be some loss of quality, though it may not be readily perceptible.

Thanks so much for your help!

I used VCD Tools and it worked great, not too hard to figure out. Since then, I have burned 2 DVDs and all in well in the top set DVD player . Alot of the cue/bin files I had were a 2 disk combo and I can now stick them into a 1 disk format.

Thanks again for taking the time to help me out.

Archived