• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 16 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Printing CD labels

christineharris

Question

I ran the alignment and my labels still don't line up. I have COMMERCIAL PAPER and CD STOMPER PRO (A4) selected and it still prints to the right edge of the label. I have the ROXIO EASY MEDIA CREATOR 5 on my old computer and really prefer it since it works perfect. It isn't compatible with my new computer HP a1450n.

How can I get this new label printer to work right. My old labels transfered over don't print correctly either.

11 answers to this question

Jay, That is just BS. Your question was asked and answered in your other posts. This duplicate would normally would have been split and merged with the others. In this case it was not so that you could learn something if you plan to post on this forum. Some people have their forum set so that it does not display OLD threads; yours would have been lost.

Why are you in such a bad mood? :unsure:

Happy Holidays ! :P

I have Roxio Creator 2012 that replaces an antique CD label program I had before. I cannot figure how to get it to print labels in the right position. HELP!

i SHOULD NOTE THAT WHEN I TRIED THE ALIGNMENT PROCESS, THE RINGS AND THE LETTERS DO NOT EVEN TOUCH THE PLACE WHERE THE LABEL STICKER IS ON THE PAGE. It is truly absurd that this program is so counter intuitive.

You may have to do a manual setting (for generic paper) - measure the distance from the top and side of the blank sheet and enter that in the settings.

By the way - you can run both 5 and 8 together so long as you aren't using Drag to Disc - do a custom install of 5 and try to deselect as much as you can (leaving the label creator)

You may have to do a manual setting (for generic paper) - measure the distance from the top and side of the blank sheet and enter that in the settings.

By the way - you can run both 5 and 8 together so long as you aren't using Drag to Disc - do a custom install of 5 and try to deselect as much as you can (leaving the label creator)

Thank you! I will try all of the above. Much appreciated! Christine

Did you notice that you are posting to a SIX year old thread? You do not have that version of Creator and you duplicated a post that you made in the Sonic section?

Bad forum etiquette !

Look for your other posts in the Creator 2012 How to section.

I regret that I am new to using forua like this. I truly thought it would be helpful. I have no idea what you are talking about in reference to splitting and merging. I remain unaware of how to detect thread age. Clearly the technicalities and so-called etiquette to which I am oblivious are more important in this venue than actual communication. If you are offended, I am truly sorry. I did not make the inquiry but for the reason of learning how to properly manipulate the Roxio image. By exporting it where I could change it to a pdf file, I was able to make the desired positioning change with Photoshop CS5. The end result is satisfactory but not outstanding. To the best of my knowledge, I have still been unable to find any meaningful answer here to my simple original question about how to re-position the image using Roxio software. It has nothing to do with printer calibration.

I am in a bad mood because offense was taken where none was intended. I do not appreciated being scolded for mistakes borne of ignorance of protocols and rules to which I've had no previous exposure. This site is clearly not a welcoming place. It is space I will be reluctant to enter again.

OK Christine - unfortunately I've only 9 here and not 8 but the procedure is as follows

You put in a blank sheet and print, then reload the sheet in the printer and follow the next step - that puts the letters on the disc outline. The final step should be to enter the letter(s) that correspond with the disc edge.

There should be a 'fine tuning' setting in preferences to allow you to tweak it vertically and horizontally

Personally, I preferred the older version where you could manually measure the two distances and enter that but this is supposed to be easier :)

My apologies. I did not so notice. I do not live on forua and thus am not steeped in the etiquette. I was simply trying to find out how to move and relocate the label image on a page. My regrets that I have disturbed your sensibilities. I will endeavor not to do so again. Clearly this forum is populated by people who are more interested in forum etiquette than in helping those with real software questions.

Archived