• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 23 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

D2D Eject Time

leoram4

Question

Hi All,

My D2D version is 7. As many of you probably know that after something has been written to a disk (D2D), it takes quite a bit of time for the disk to eject. I am wondering if anyone knows if any of the later versions corrects this problem? Thanks.

leoram

6 answers to this question

I doubt if it would be any faster (most of us never use D2D as you'll finmd out by reading the forum - it's about THE most unreliable method of backinmg anything up going)

However, back to your point. The reason for the slow eject is down to the drive - it has to end the session, disengage the link from D2D to the disc itself and that's what takes the time. If it rushed, it would be even MORE unreliable

I doubt if it would be any faster (most of us never use D2D as you'll finmd out by reading the forum - it's about THE most unreliable method of backinmg anything up going)

However, back to your point. The reason for the slow eject is down to the drive - it has to end the session, disengage the link from D2D to the disc itself and that's what takes the time. If it rushed, it would be even MORE unreliable

I would also guess that you are using Quick Format… During eject it has to do more formatting which takes up time.

Nothing is free, it does take 20 to 30 minutes to format a CD. I use Full Format and get it done.

If you use Quick format. in the end it is going to take much longer than that. The price you pay for a fast start is waiting for it to eject.

If you click on the link, and want to get back to linear format, (since the link is in outline format, it will change the default on yr computer), go to the top of the thread and find (right-side) where it says "options", and click on standard. If you have any other windows open, you may have to do that in more than one.

For floppy-like behavior (and I can't recommend Zip discs where WinXP is involved because it eats them - I detest WinXP), try a Flash drive (aka Jump / Pen / Keychain / Thumb drive). I recently picked up a 1GB drive for $20 on sale. It is safer than Packet-Writing, the trick is to not lose the drive ( :) ). It isn't long-term storage like CD-R because of the ease of erasing or overwriting.

Lynn

Archived