Need some editing video in Suite 8

THE LUMEN DOCTOR

Question

Hi people - this is my first post! I'm feeling kinda stupid here, so I hope I'll find some nice folks to help me...

I'm making a "Volleyball Banquet Video" using EMC 8 Suite. The final product will have photos with audio, and camcorder captured video.

My trouble is I can't figure out a QUICK and EASY way to (1) trim the camcorder clips to the right size, and then (2) paste them together in ORDER. (Interviews with the coaches, with me asking questions - like they do on TV...)

When I did some editing in VideoWave, the default output is DSMS (?) which it then does not recognize as a file format when I want to paste them together. I did an output back to MPEG (MPEG 2, DVD quality, and it made these HUGE files!! - like 175MB for 3 mins and 30 seconds???

I've done several really nice projects using EMC (Photo type / slide show videos with background music, etc.) but this is my first time to add camcorder video with native audio.

Any ideas and suggestions? GREATLY APPRECIATED! (The banquet is Sunday and it's early Wednesday am! Yikes!)

1 answer to this question

Hi people - this is my first post! I'm feeling kinda stupid here, so I hope I'll find some nice folks to help me...

I'm making a "Volleyball Banquet Video" using EMC 8 Suite. The final product will have photos with audio, and camcorder captured video.

My trouble is I can't figure out a QUICK and EASY way to (1) trim the camcorder clips to the right size, and then (2) paste them together in ORDER. (Interviews with the coaches, with me asking questions - like they do on TV...)

When I did some editing in VideoWave, the default output is DSMS (?) which it then does not recognize as a file format when I want to paste them together. I did an output back to MPEG (MPEG 2, DVD quality, and it made these HUGE files!! - like 175MB for 3 mins and 30 seconds???

I've done several really nice projects using EMC (Photo type / slide show videos with background music, etc.) but this is my first time to add camcorder video with native audio.

Any ideas and suggestions? GREATLY APPRECIATED! (The banquet is Sunday and it's early Wednesday am! Yikes!)

Here is a tutorial video. Hope it helps you in some of your questions.

Archived