• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 15 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Runtime Error

bds1958

Question

I need some advice please.

When I try to burn audio files in Audio CD the application will not start.

I get the "...........encountered an error and needs to close" message.

Microsoft Online error report kicks in.

After I send up pops the "Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library" error.

It refers to "Programme RoxioShared\9.0\RoxioCentral33\Main\Roxio_Central33.exe" and lists "R6025-pure virtual function call".

EMC freezes, disc wont eject, use Task Manager to end program, still can't eject disc, reboot to eject disc.

I am burning to either of 2 drives: 1 internal Sony DVD RW DW-D22A and 1 external LG GSA-2166D.

The error process listed above occurs when I try to burn to the internal Sony drive.

When I try to use the external LG drive the burn starts and freezes at 8-10%. I have to abort burn, Task Manager programme close, reboot to eject disc.

I am using Verbatim CD-R 52x 700mb discs.

I also have a Nero OEM burning application which came bundled with the LG drive which I have been using successfully before ECM 9 installation to burn audio files.

When I try using Nero with the external LG drive the burn freezes after 8-10%, abort burn etc as above.

I have unistalled both programs and reinstalled Nero first then EMC 9.

Removed Drag to Disc program.

I have used System Restore to go back to pre EMC 9 installation but after Nero install. Result- Nero burns audio files ok.

I am still working my way through EMC 9 and find I can burn and copy DVDs to both drives ok.

I have produced at least 15 "coasters" up until now and I am starting to lose my hair.

Your advice would be welcomed before I go bald.

Thanks,

20 answers to this question

Here is the page he is refuring to

"CD Recording Software Will Cause Windows to Become Unstable" error message when you start Windows XP

View products that this article applies to.

Article ID : 315345

Last Review : September 20, 2006

Revision : 4.0

This article was previously published under Q315345

Important This article contains information about modifying the registry. Before you modify the registry, make sure to back it up and make sure that you understand how to restore the registry if a problem occurs. For information about how to back up, restore, and edit the registry, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:

256986 (http://support.microsoft.com/kb/256986/) Description of the Microsoft Windows Registry

SYMPTOMS

When you start Microsoft Windows XP, you may receive an error message that is similar to the following:

Devices or applications disabled

CD Recording software will cause Windows to become unstable. Windows has prevented these drivers from loading. Click here for more details.

When you view the details, the following information is displayed:

A CD Recording driver is installed that may cause stability problems including shutting down and problems using a CD/DVD drive.

The driver will be disabled.

The drivers may be installed by Easy CD Creator or Windows Media Player or Real Jukebox.

You might not be able to record CDs until you obtain compatible drivers.

www.roxio.com

www.microsoft.com

www.switchboard.real.com

The following event ID message is logged in the system event log:

Event Type: Error

Event Source: Service Control Manager

Event Category: None

Event ID: 7000

Date: 2/2/2003

Time: 4:46:16 PM

User: N/A

Computer: computername

Description: The Cdralw2k service was not successful because of the following error: This driver has been blocked from loading.

For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://support.microsoft.com.

Back to the top

CAUSE

This behavior may occur in the following situations: • You have an early version of Easy CD Creator installed on your Windows XP-based computer.

• You removed an early version of Easy CD Creator before you upgraded your computer to Windows XP.

This behavior occurs because the drivers for some early versions of Easy CD Creator are incompatible with Windows XP. When you remove Easy CD Creator, some registry settings and files may remain on the computer.

Back to the top

RESOLUTION

Warning If you use Registry Editor incorrectly, you may cause serious problems that may require you to reinstall your operating system. Microsoft cannot guarantee that you can solve problems that result from using Registry Editor incorrectly. Use Registry Editor at your own risk.

To resolve this issue, manually remove registry settings and files that are related to the Easy CD Creator program. To do this, follow these steps. 1. Create a Windows XP restore point to undo any changes that you make to the operating system. To do this, follow these steps: a. Quit all programs that are running.

b. Click Start, and then click Help and Support.

c. Under Pick a task, click Undo changes to your computer with System Restore.

d. Click Create a restore point, and then click Next.

e. In the Restore point description box, type before Easy CD Creator removal, and then click Create.

f. Click Close, and then close the Help and Support Center dialog box.

2. If the Easy CD Creator program is installed, remove it. To do this, follow these steps: a. Click Start, and then click Control Panel.

b. Click Switch to Category View if Control Panel is not already in Category View.

c. Click Add or Remove Programs, click the Easy CD Creator program in the Currently installed programs list, and then click Remove.

d. Follow the steps to remove the program, and then click Close to close the Add or Remove Programs dialog box.

3. Click Start, and then click Search.

4. Click All files and folders.

5. In the All or part of the file name box, type cdr*.sys.

6. In the Look in list, click Local Hard Drives (C:), and then click Search.

7. In the right pane of the Search Results dialog box, rename the following files if they are listed:

Cdr4_2K.sys

Cdralw2k.sys

To do this, right-click a file, and then click Rename. Rename the .sys file name extension to .old, and then press ENTER.

8. When you are finished renaming the files, close the Search Results dialog box.

9. Click Start, click Run,type regedit, and then click OK.

10. Locate the following registry subkey:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Class\{4D36E965-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318} 11. In the right pane of Registry Editor, right-click the UpperFilters value (if it is present), and then click Delete. Click Yes on the Confirm Value Delete message .

12. Right-click the LowerFilters value (if it is present), and then click Delete. Click Yes on the "Confirm Value Delete" message.

13. Locate the following registry subkey:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\Cdr4_2K 14. On the Edit menu, click Delete, and then click Yes on the "Confirm Key Delete" message.

15. Locate the following registry subkey:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\Cdralw2k 16. On the Edit menu, click Delete, and then click Yes on the "Confirm Key Delete" message.

17. Locate the following registry subkey:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\Cdudf

18. On the Edit menu, click Delete, and then click Yes on the Confirm Key Delete message.

19. Locate the following registry subkey:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\UdfReadr

20. On the Edit menu, click Delete, and then click Yes on the Confirm Key Delete message .

21. On the File menu, click Exit.

22. Restart the computer.

Back to the top

MORE INFORMATION

For additional information about the Easy CD Creator program, visit the following Roxio Web site:

http://www.roxio.com (http://www.roxio.com)

Microsoft provides third-party contact information to help you find technical support. This contact information may change without notice. Microsoft does not guarantee the accuracy of this third-party contact information.

The third-party products that are discussed in this article are manufactured by companies that are independent of Microsoft. Microsoft makes no warranty, implied or otherwise, regarding the performance or reliability of these products.

Back to my problem lads.

It still freezes like before with the same Runtime Error i.e an R6025 pure virtual function call on the Roxio_Central33.exe application file which currently resides in my C:\Program Files\Common Files\Roxio Shared\9.0\RoxioCentral33\Main folder.

I have run the program from this location on the .exe file i.e. not using the desktop shortcut but unfortunately same result as before.

It seems the problem is with the .exe application file........yes?

So what's the fix?

Still unable to burn those Audio files.

In desperation I ran "Driver Clean Tool" which reported that 2 drivers need to be "deactivated".

cdral.dll (system 32 folder)

cdralx2k.sys (system 32\drivers folder)

Both drivers are signed by Sonic.

On "Googling" for the drivers it seems that they can cause problems with burning. It appears they can be left over from previous Roxio installations. As I used to use EMC7.5 (long since uninstalled) could this be the source of my long running problem.

Should I deactivate?

Guest Preet at Roxio
Still unable to burn those Audio files.

In desperation I ran "Driver Clean Tool" which reported that 2 drivers need to be "deactivated".

cdral.dll (system 32 folder)

cdralx2k.sys (system 32\drivers folder)

Both drivers are signed by Sonic.

On "Googling" for the drivers it seems that they can cause problems with burning. It appears they can be left over from previous Roxio installations. As I used to use EMC7.5 (long since uninstalled) could this be the source of my long running problem.

Should I deactivate?

There could be a conflict if the drivers are left behind. Please uninstall EMC 9 and then run Roxizap, following the instructions here. Once you have done that re-install EMC 9.

The corrupt ASPI is Nero's ASPI since Windows XP does not install an ASPI layer. It isn't needed.

Nero ASPI gone.

All traces of Nero appear to be gone.

Followed instructions for clean install of EMC 9.

Reinstalled EMC 9.

Attempted to burn Audio CD. ( Using Verbatim 52X CD-r discs).

Burned 1 disc which would not play on anything. On exploring the disc there appeared to be nothing on it although the physical structure of the disc suggests that there is.

Burned 2nd disc. Same result as before.

Tried 3rd disc when the same "Roxio has encountered a problem and needs to close"

The error reported was C:\DOCUME~1\BRIANS~1\LOCALS~1\Temp\1a34_appcompat.txt

The programme froze.

Task Manager needed to close program.

Disc wont eject.

Reboot to eject disc.

This scenario applies to both the internal and external burners.

The program rips music cds ok. It also copies DVD disc to disc using the internal drive to read and the external drive to burn.

I have just about reached the end of my patience.

If this program cant burn a simple audio CD what will I experience if and when I want to author and burn my own DVDs.

Having read some of the other posts I am not filled with much confidence.

What's next..................................

Back to my problem lads.

It still freezes like before with the same Runtime Error i.e an R6025 pure virtual function call on the Roxio_Central33.exe application file which currently resides in my C:\Program Files\Common Files\Roxio Shared\9.0\RoxioCentral33\Main folder.

I have run the program from this location on the .exe file i.e. not using the desktop shortcut but unfortunately same result as before.

So what's the fix?

Having similar or the same error trying to save changes in Sound Editor. Repeadedly crashes.

Ideas? Suggestions? Fix?

Right chaps here is an update to my problem.

I decided not to follow Highlander's and Preet's advice for the moment and parked the problem for a week while I ordered other brand of discs including CD-RW to test with (something I picked up on another forum and would have saved me a load of trashed discs).

I also kept reading on other forums the subject of updating the burning drive's firmware. Up untill now I have been wary of this as they say you can trash the drive if it goes wrong.

After much Googling on the subject and searching for the latest firmware for my drive, Sony DVD RW DW-22A I downloaded version BYS6 (mine was still on BYS2), held my breath and went for it.

It installed, rebooted and machine recognised the drive o.k.

So far so good.

I tried different types of discs i.e. DVD-R; DVD-RW; DVD+Dual Layer; CD-R. The only disc it wouldn't recognise was CD-RW for whatever reason although my external LG drive recognises them.

Opened Create Audio CD.

Organised the burn, 14 WAV files.

Set them to the external drive.

Burned disc ok.

Wait a minute are we getting somewhere now? :)

Next option.

Set same burn to the internal drive (updated firmware).

Used CD-R disc. (The same Verbatim discs that wouldn't burn previously).

Burned disc o.k.

Heavenly choir erupts with "Halelluia" chorus. :huh::D:D:D:D

Both burned discs play ok on one of my home CD players but not the other although it is about 15 years old now and probably cant read the discs.

Anyway back down to earth.................

The solution to my problem it seems, so far, was to update the drive firmware although as I mentioned earlier a lot of people are not confident on this subject but as I found out the answer is out there you just have to keep looking.

I hope this long running saga has given somebody a bit of hope in so far as don't give up.

Thanks to everyone who took time to offer advice and I hope this ends this topic.

If it doesn't.............................I'll be back......................................

Right chaps here is an update to my problem.

I decided not to follow Highlander's and Preet's advice for the moment and parked the problem for a week while I ordered other brand of discs including CD-RW to test with (something I picked up on another forum and would have saved me a load of trashed discs).

I also kept reading on other forums the subject of updating the burning drive's firmware. Up untill now I have been wary of this as they say you can trash the drive if it goes wrong.

After much Googling on the subject and searching for the latest firmware for my drive, Sony DVD RW DW-22A I downloaded version BYS6 (mine was still on BYS2), held my breath and went for it.

It installed, rebooted and machine recognised the drive o.k.

So far so good.

I tried different types of discs i.e. DVD-R; DVD-RW; DVD+Dual Layer; CD-R. The only disc it wouldn't recognise was CD-RW for whatever reason although my external LG drive recognises them.

Opened Create Audio CD.

Organised the burn, 14 WAV files.

Set them to the external drive.

Burned disc ok.

Wait a minute are we getting somewhere now? :)

Next option.

Set same burn to the internal drive (updated firmware).

Used CD-R disc. (The same Verbatim discs that wouldn't burn previously).

Burned disc o.k.

Heavenly choir erupts with "Halelluia" chorus. :huh::D:D:D:D

Both burned discs play ok on one of my home CD players but not the other although it is about 15 years old now and probably cant read the discs.

Anyway back down to earth.................

The solution to my problem it seems, so far, was to update the drive firmware although as I mentioned earlier a lot of people are not confident on this subject but as I found out the answer is out there you just have to keep looking.

I hope this long running saga has given somebody a bit of hope in so far as don't give up.

Thanks to everyone who took time to offer advice and I hope this ends this topic.

If it doesn't.............................I'll be back......................................

Thanks for posting your solution. It is one that has been stressed a number of times in these forums. Update that firmware for burners. It does solve the burning problems sometimes, as you found out.

I got the 12/31/94 date too. Curious why that is. Haven't tried burning with any other app to see what happens.

Gentlemen, please remember, there are no files on an Audio CD, there are tracks. What you see when you look at an Audio CD in Windows Explorer is merely a convenience that Windows provides to indicate how many tracks there are. You'll also notice that they are all only 1K or 44 bytes in length (depends on what utility you use to look at them). I believe there are no dates associated with tracks, as such, the dates are purely bogus representing the earliest date Windows may be aware of. (Yes, I see the same thing when looking at an Audio CD and it shouldn't make any difference what program wrote the disc.)

So again, the date means nothing and the size means nothing except to indicate that indeed, a table of contents was written to the disc, and Windows can read it, which you can tell by the fact that the number of "files" (track place-holders) is the same as the number of tracks you wrote.

Hope that helps a bit.

Gentlemen, please remember, there are no files on an Audio CD, there are tracks. What you see when you look at an Audio CD in Windows Explorer is merely a convenience that Windows provides to indicate how many tracks there are. You'll also notice that they are all only 1K or 44 bytes in length (depends on what utility you use to look at them). I believe there are no dates associated with tracks, as such, the dates are purely bogus representing the earliest date Windows may be aware of. (Yes, I see the same thing when looking at an Audio CD and it shouldn't make any difference what program wrote the disc.)

So again, the date means nothing and the size means nothing except to indicate that indeed, a table of contents was written to the disc, and Windows can read it, which you can tell by the fact that the number of "files" (track place-holders) is the same as the number of tracks you wrote.

Hope that helps a bit.

Thanks Dave. It is odd that if there is a date, that it would be the date the cd was made.

And, please don't call me a gentlemen :)

Guess what.

Last night I tried Music Disc Creator.

Imported 17 WAV files.

Set burn speed at 8X on the internal drive.

Disc burned with no apparent errors. (Now I'm getting really excited).

Tried to play disc on computer and 2 stand alone players........NOTHING.

On exploring the burned disc it showed 14 tracks as "CD Audio Tracks"

However when I looked at the properties of each file it showed that they were all created on 01 January 1995.

So with just a wee bit of excitment left I thought I'd try a disc in Audio CD creator.

Result was as previous- program froze, burnt nothing, error message, disc stuck, reboot etc (YAWN) etc.

Another strange thing was that before attempting to burn I checked "Options" where it said that the disc type being used was Taiyo Uiden 40X when in fact I had a Verbatim 52X disc in the drive.

By this time nil excitement left. Violent mood swings approached so I called it a night.

Is the ultimate fix, as suggested by John at Roxio, to reinstall XP which seems a lot of work and disruption to go through just to burn some audio files.

C'mon everybody what's the answer.

Thanks Dave. It is odd that if there is a date, that it would be the date the cd was made.

And, please don't call me a gentlemen :huh:

My suspicion, you beer-guzzling guru, (is that better :)? ) is that there is no date whatsoever on an Audio CD, so Windows doesn't even know when it was written, thus the 12/31/94 date.

Guess what.

Last night I tried Music Disc Creator.

Imported 17 WAV files.

Set burn speed at 8X on the internal drive.

Disc burned with no apparent errors. (Now I'm getting really excited).

Tried to play disc on computer and 2 stand alone players........NOTHING.

On exploring the burned disc it showed 14 tracks as "CD Audio Tracks"

However when I looked at the properties of each file it showed that they were all created on 01 January 1995.

So with just a wee bit of excitment left I thought I'd try a disc in Audio CD creator.

Result was as previous- program froze, burnt nothing, error message, disc stuck, reboot etc (YAWN) etc.

Another strange thing was that before attempting to burn I checked "Options" where it said that the disc type being used was Taiyo Uiden 40X when in fact I had a Verbatim 52X disc in the drive.

By this time nil excitement left. Violent mood swings approached so I called it a night.

Is the ultimate fix, as suggested by John at Roxio, to reinstall XP which seems a lot of work and disruption to go through just to burn some audio files.

C'mon everybody what's the answer.

I burned an audio CD using Music Disc Creator and did not have any problems. It played on all of the CD players that I tried.

I did an explore of the files on the disk, and found strange dates, as you did. Mine are all December 31, 1994. I have no clue what that is all about.

Back to my problem lads.

So what's the fix?

There could be a conflict if the drivers are left behind. Please uninstall EMC 9 and then run Roxizap, following the instructions here. Once you have done that re-install EMC 9.

Downloaded Roxizap.

Unfortunatly the link to the Microsoft page on point 3 of the Resolution as stated on http://kb.roxio.com/content/kb/Creator/EE7000052 no longer exists.

Where to now?

You may be having a conflict with Nero, uninstall Nero and then do a clean install of EMC 9 and see if that resolves your issue.

I have followed the instructions. However I will not reinstall untill I solve the problem of a corrupt ASPI which is being reported by Nero's Info Tool.

Any suggestions?

Guest Preet at Roxio
I need some advice please.

When I try to burn audio files in Audio CD the application will not start.

I get the "...........encountered an error and needs to close" message.

Microsoft Online error report kicks in.

After I send up pops the "Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library" error.

It refers to "Programme RoxioShared\9.0\RoxioCentral33\Main\Roxio_Central33.exe" and lists "R6025-pure virtual function call".

EMC freezes, disc wont eject, use Task Manager to end program, still can't eject disc, reboot to eject disc.

I am burning to either of 2 drives: 1 internal Sony DVD RW DW-D22A and 1 external LG GSA-2166D.

The error process listed above occurs when I try to burn to the internal Sony drive.

When I try to use the external LG drive the burn starts and freezes at 8-10%. I have to abort burn, Task Manager programme close, reboot to eject disc.

I am using Verbatim CD-R 52x 700mb discs.

I also have a Nero OEM burning application which came bundled with the LG drive which I have been using successfully before ECM 9 installation to burn audio files.

When I try using Nero with the external LG drive the burn freezes after 8-10%, abort burn etc as above.

I have unistalled both programs and reinstalled Nero first then EMC 9.

Removed Drag to Disc program.

I have used System Restore to go back to pre EMC 9 installation but after Nero install. Result- Nero burns audio files ok.

I am still working my way through EMC 9 and find I can burn and copy DVDs to both drives ok.

I have produced at least 15 "coasters" up until now and I am starting to lose my hair.

Your advice would be welcomed before I go bald.

Thanks,

You may be having a conflict with Nero, uninstall Nero and then do a clean install of EMC 9 and see if that resolves your issue.

Archived