Jump to content
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 11 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
  • 0

Updating to Toast 7 from Toast 6



I currently have Toast 6 and am happy with it.


I do intend to upgrade my OS to OSx 10.5 in the Spring.


I have noticed through my experience with Popcorn that Roxio will all of a sudden stop supporting a particular version of Software as was the case with Popcorn 1 when OSx went to 10.4.8.


Now to my question. Roxio are selling Toast 7 for $50. Obviously they are getting ready to launch Toast 8. I am wondering if it's worth while getting this toast 7 for $50 as I'm scared that when we move to OSx 10.5 and we are on Toast 8 then they will stop supporting my Toast 6.


Is this a reasonable assumption and is it a good deal?


Or should I just wait for Toast 8 and pay the $100 ?


I'm not sure how many bells and whistles that I really need!. I would actually be quite happy staying at Toast6 as long as Roxio supported it!


I'd really like to see some opinions on if I should buy or not?





Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 answer to this question

Recommended Posts

Popcorn 1 works with 10.4.8. It just doesn't work natively with Intel Macs. If Roxio is working on a new version of Toast they aren't going to tell anyone. You may be waiting the rest of your life for a Toast 8 as far as I know. I'm a big fan of Toast 7 so I say don't delay your enjoyment. But if you don't need the many things it offers over Toast 6 (such as much-improved video DVD encoding) then stick with what you've got until you need something better.

Link to comment
Share on other sites


This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Create New...