Akavar

"Edit Style" Button in MyDVD 6.1.0 Causes Crash

Question

I have looked through the forums and help sections and have not found this one.

When I am in MyDVD v6.1.0 and press the "Edit Style" button it causes the app to crash. I get the screen that asks me if I want to send the problem to Microsoft.

Has anyone else had this problem? Does anyone know if there is a solution?

17 answers to this question

I have this exact same problem. I have put in tickets with Sonic and Roxio but have not received any help yet. If you find a solution, let me know.

I have looked through the forums and help sections and have not found this one.

When I am in MyDVD v6.1.0 and press the "Edit Style" button it causes the app to crash. I get the screen that asks me if I want to send the problem to Microsoft.

Has anyone else had this problem? Does anyone know if there is a solution?

I'm assuming both of you have SP2. In SP2 a file called USP10.dll was changed and it created a lot of problems in a lot of software. I got this problem right after I installed SP2 and I had noticed that this file was being accessed. I took a chance and replaced my version of the file with the same file from SP1. It worked and the problem went away and caused no other problems that I could notice. I've instructed users to perform this same action for this and similar problems, some were successful, some not.

So if you're looking for a solution, you might want to try this. However, I want to make it very clear that I'm not a Microsoft engineer and am not responsible for your computer blowing up. That being said, it's pretty safe since you're not replacing anything. All you do is take this old USP10.DLL file that MyDVD 6 is used to working with and placing it in the MyDVD 6 folder. NOTE: You are not replacing the file in the System32 folder that many programs on the computer access. By putting the old file in the MyDVD 6 folder MyDVD 6 will look there first before looking at the version in the System32 folder, hopefully resolving the issue.

If you're interested in trying this solution respond to this with your email address and I'll send you the USP10.DLL from SP1 that I used. Any SP1 USP10.DLL file will work, obviously, but they're a bit hard to track down.

I'm assuming both of you have SP2. In SP2 a file called USP10.dll was changed and it created a lot of problems in a lot of software. I got this problem right after I installed SP2 and I had noticed that this file was being accessed. I took a chance and replaced my version of the file with the same file from SP1. It worked and the problem went away and caused no other problems that I could notice. I've instructed users to perform this same action for this and similar problems, some were successful, some not.

So if you're looking for a solution, you might want to try this. However, I want to make it very clear that I'm not a Microsoft engineer and am not responsible for your computer blowing up. That being said, it's pretty safe since you're not replacing anything. All you do is take this old USP10.DLL file that MyDVD 6 is used to working with and placing it in the MyDVD 6 folder. NOTE: You are not replacing the file in the System32 folder that many programs on the computer access. By putting the old file in the MyDVD 6 folder MyDVD 6 will look there first before looking at the version in the System32 folder, hopefully resolving the issue.

If you're interested in trying this solution respond to this with your email address and I'll send you the USP10.DLL from SP1 that I used. Any SP1 USP10.DLL file will work, obviously, but they're a bit hard to track down.

I have the exact same problem but I don't understand what any of this means. I would appreciate any help. Thanks!

Alison

Keven J's solution worked for me. I replaced the USP10.dll with the one he emailed me and the program works fine now.

Thanks!

Hello =)

Thanks your a life saver Kevin J =)

But I couldn't be bothered waiting for your email so I did some research that Microsoft Office Professional also stores a copy of the old USP10.DLL for Microsoft Office Professional to run properly anyways its stored in C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\OFFICE11 for anyone who may have this problem and has Microsoft Office Professional can use the USP10.DLL and copy and paste it in the MyDVD application folder in program Files next to the Program as said by Kevin J

Kevin J thanks your a real life saver and you ROCK !

Peace Homes !

This seems too good to be true...

mjc114@yahoo.com

EDIT: Okay, I got a usp10.DLL from Microsoft Office like westsideGunz said, but it's still not doing it for me. What's the particular folder I copy it to or how to edit MyDVD to go to that specific one?

Edited by Mike114

Mike, I dropped you an email with the file I use. Maybe you have a different version of Office

The computer is such a powerful yet fragile thing. How a single 331K file can cause so much trouble and also fix so much boggles my mind.

Thank you Kevin. Thank you so very much. And thank all of you who have been kind enough to post suggestions, advice, and solutions. After I ran into this problem more than a month ago, I've been going from forum to forum, trying product after product in a frustrating and depressing ordeal to get back to a semblance of the quality I had with MyDVD. The most frustrating part of it all was that absolutely no one would help. They had a wealth of knowledge far beyond anything I'll ever be able to handle, but they'd either ignore me or talk to me like an idiot who's never used a computer before.

My Office did have the wrong file needed. It was a different version from the on in the System32 folder, so I thought that was it, but the one that I got from Kevin did the trick.

Thank you again! I truly, truly appreciate everything you've done to help. All of you.

Kevin J

please send copy of USP10.dll to me.....

calworth@alworth.com

Many thanks

Charles A

Hello, I'm having the same problem, its been driving me insane for the past week.

So I found that copy of the usp10.dll file and I put it in the folder >program files>sonic>mydvd plus and my program is still crashing.

I'm thinking maybe my .dll file is the wrong one still. could I please get a copy too?

Edit:

I found the correct version of the usp10.dll file in a dll database. now the program works! hallelujah!

Edited by hoops387

Unfortunately, I'm having the same problem as well. Kevin, if you could please send me a copy I'd truly appreciate it. My e-mail is: mindstateof88@gmail.com. Thanks in advance.

Edited by TheFreshPrints

These are public Forums, scanned by google and other search engines, which in turn are scanned by spammers seeking to "harvest" email addresses for spamming purposes.

I'd suggest you might want to edit your email address out, altho it's been up for some hours and it's probably too late.

Lynn