• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 15 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Your video driver may be out of date

DonB

Question

Just recently uninstalled EMC7.5 & Installed EMC9 retail to get around the MSIE7 incompatability problem.

My pc is an Intel socket 478 Prescott P4-3.2Ghz, 1GB dualchan ram, XP Prof SP2 with all current MS updates. The video system is Motherboard integrated ATI-Radeon 9100IGP on an ASUS P4R800-V Deluxe Motherboard.

I get the "Your video driver warning may be out of date" each time starting VidWave or MyDVD.

I checked ATI WEB site and could not find the 9100 video drivers clearly ID'ed as compatable with my motherboard. From asus.com I downloaded and installed the latest 9100IGP drivers which were newer then what I had installed. However, I still get this anoying warning. I have sucessfully rendered video in Vidwave, but have not yet burned an DVD.

DonB

14 answers to this question

ATI 9100IGP display driver for Windows2000/Windows XP

http://support.asus.com/download/download....SLanguage=en-us

tbreak.com

“Overall, we are impressed with the ASUS P4R800-V Deluxe. For the money, it doesn't get any better than this. The 9100 IGP will be enough to satisfy the needs of a casual gamer. To date, the 9100 IGP is the only integrated Direct X 8.1 solution available. The ASUS P4R800-V Deluxe would also be a great choice for a low cost entertainment system,. We feel that it is only a matter of time before other motherboard manufactures start producing feature rich full form factor 9100 IGP motherboards.

Xbit Labs

Today another chipset milestone was reached: ATI Radeon 9100 IGP that brings graphics programmability and DirectX 8.1 capabilities to the segment of low-cost personal computers was formally announced."

June, 2003

http://www.digital-daily.com/motherboard/a...0igp-asus-giga/

Onboard video only supports DirectX 8.1

Do you have a AGP video PCI slot? If so buy a new video card. Disable the onboard in the bios.

cdanteek

I do have an AGP slot, Vista Upgrade advisor says my 9100 IGP will work. Incidently I am running DirecX 9c OK with the 9100 IGP. Donb

Just recently uninstalled EMC7.5 & Installed EMC9 retail to get around the MSIE7 incompatability problem.

My pc is an Intel socket 478 Prescott P4-3.2Ghz, 1GB dualchan ram, XP Prof SP2 with all current MS updates. The video system is Motherboard integrated ATI-Radeon 9100IGP on an ASUS P4R800-V Deluxe Motherboard.

I get the "Your video driver warning may be out of date" each time starting VidWave or MyDVD.

I checked ATI WEB site and could not find the 9100 video drivers clearly ID'ed as compatable with my motherboard. From asus.com I downloaded and installed the latest 9100IGP drivers which were newer then what I had installed. However, I still get this anoying warning. I have sucessfully rendered video in Vidwave, but have not yet burned an DVD.

DonB

Have you tried the generic ATI reference drivers off there main site?

I do have an AGP slot, Vista Upgrade advisor says my 9100 IGP will work. Incidently I am running DirecX 9c OK with the 9100 IGP. Donb

Get a new AGP video card. Your current card may support SOME of the DirectX 9, but it does not support the necessary parts of DirectX 9 that EMC 9 requires.

Have you tried the generic ATI reference drivers off there main site?

In the past, ATI recommended getting drivers for 3rd party vendors using their stuff from the vendor, which is what I did. Also, I could not find a driver that referenced "9100". I could not determine it there was a driver that was designed to work with the ATI motherboard chipset RAdeon 9100 IGP?

What make and model PCIe card are you using Bruce ?? and what driver version ??

I have been thinking about getting a new PCIe card but haven't really thought about which one I should get yet. If I do get one I would like to have it compatable with the new Vista, when and if I ever decide to go that route.

What make and model PCIe card are you using Bruce ?? and what driver version ??

I have been thinking about getting a new PCIe card but haven't really thought about which one I should get yet. If I do get one I would like to have it compatable with the new Vista, when and if I ever decide to go that route.

The 7900GT that I have in my signature. I am using the 93.71's.

In the past, ATI recommended getting drivers for 3rd party vendors using their stuff from the vendor, which is what I did. Also, I could not find a driver that referenced "9100". I could not determine it there was a driver that was designed to work with the ATI motherboard chipset RAdeon 9100 IGP?

You could contact ATI, and see what they have to say.

tbreak.com

“Overall, we are impressed with the ASUS P4R800-V Deluxe. For the money, it doesn't get any better than this. The 9100 IGP will be enough to satisfy the needs of a casual gamer. To date, the 9100 IGP is the only integrated Direct X 8.1 solution available. The ASUS P4R800-V Deluxe would also be a great choice for a low cost entertainment system,. We feel that it is only a matter of time before other motherboard manufactures start producing feature rich full form factor 9100 IGP motherboards.

Xbit Labs

Today another chipset milestone was reached: ATI Radeon 9100 IGP that brings graphics programmability and DirectX 8.1 capabilities to the segment of low-cost personal computers was formally announced."

June, 2003

Do you have a AGP video PCI slot? If so buy a new video card. Disable the onboard in the bios.

cdanteek

The 7900GT that I have in my signature. I am using the 93.71's.

The reasion you may need a better grafics card is the you say the vista adviser said it will run vista , but it needs to be a fairly new and hi spec card to run the hi end components of vista like the new core part called

Windows vista AERO?

what is Windows vista AERO?

1. A facelift for XP's Luna desktop

2. Microsoft's code name for the Vista Shell

3. Extra visual clues giving more data about an icon

4. New glass, or translucent effect for Vista's menus and desktop

5. More intuitive toolbars and navigation

6. Sharper and faster movie action

7. High resolution graphics

8. Cleverer graphics engine from the Windows Presentation Foundation

9. Windows AERO is a fantastic new 'Theme' for Vista

Most PCIe and AGP ATI cards will support the running of vista , but when you install it , it will say some features are not avalable as you grafics card will not support.

so if you can , do invest in a GOOD card if you want to migrate to vista (and move EMC9 to once the patch comes out)

The reasion you may need a better grafics card is the you say the vista adviser said it will run vista , but it needs to be a fairly new and hi spec card to run the hi end components of vista like the new core part called

Windows vista AERO?

what is Windows vista AERO?

1. A facelift for XP's Luna desktop

2. Microsoft's code name for the Vista Shell

3. Extra visual clues giving more data about an icon

4. New glass, or translucent effect for Vista's menus and desktop

5. More intuitive toolbars and navigation

6. Sharper and faster movie action

7. High resolution graphics

8. Cleverer graphics engine from the Windows Presentation Foundation

9. Windows AERO is a fantastic new 'Theme' for Vista

Most PCIe and AGP ATI cards will support the running of vista , but when you install it , it will say some features are not avalable as you grafics card will not support.

so if you can , do invest in a GOOD card if you want to migrate to vista (and move EMC9 to once the patch comes out)

Having difficulty locating a good AGP 4X/8X 1.5V card that will run Aero. Difficult determining what the voltage specs are and Mobo manual says ONLY 1.5V. Any recommendations? DonB

tbreak.com

Xbit Labs

June, 2003

cdanteek

To: Cdanteek

The link to asus driver is the driver I downloaded and installed 4 days ago, still getting the out of date drive message.

DonB

To: Cdanteek

The link to asus driver is the driver I downloaded and installed 4 days ago, still getting the out of date drive message.

DonB

Well then DonB, we can't get any more up-to-date than that. The warning message (video card is not up to date) I don't have a suggestion for! If your going to keep the PC for awhile update to a video card. 8x 256ram, watch for one around $80.00.

cdanteek

DONB: I have EMC9 on my computer and I too get the annoying error message that my video card is not up to date. I have tried several drivers for my video card from the manufacturer, (84.21 & 91.31) and I still get the error message. I have given up on trying to solve the problem so for now, I just O.K. out of the message and keep on truckin' with the program. I have had no problems do to that message other than just being frustrated that it continues.

BTW, I have a NVIDIA GeForce EN6600, 256Mb PCI Express x 16 graphics card and not an integrated MB graphics. My mother board is an Asus P5WD2-E Premium and am using only a single PCI Express graphics card rather than the two slots that are available.

Frank....

DONB: I have EMC9 on my computer and I too get the annoying error message that my video card is not up to date. I have tried several drivers for my video card from the manufacturer, (84.21 & 91.31) and I still get the error message. I have given up on trying to solve the problem so for now, I just O.K. out of the message and keep on truckin' with the program. I have had no problems do to that message other than just being frustrated that it continues.

BTW, I have a NVIDIA GeForce EN6600, 256Mb PCI Express x 16 graphics card and not an integrated MB graphics. My mother board is an Asus P5WD2-E Premium and am using only a single PCI Express graphics card rather than the two slots that are available.

Frank....

I only have a single PCIe card in mine, too. I will get the 2nd, sometime down the line, although I am not a gamer.

I don't get that annoying message, though.

Archived