• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 7 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Easy Media Creator 9

main

Question

I have just downloaded Easy Media Creator 9 and installed it on my PC as per instructions. I opened the Roxio Easy Media Creator and my computer hung up. I re-booted and the pressed on an icon installed on my desktop Media Experience – and it did not open the path "C:\Program Files\Roxio\Media Experience\DMX.exe". Is there anyone that knows what the problem might be?

11 answers to this question

They all seem to open up, except for Media Experience. It takes well over 5 minutes for each to load. Have not used any as yet.

I am a little nervous having removed files left behind after clean install. Quite of few of them were systems file that contained the name roxio, and number of them in a folder \SightSpeed\. With sonoc i did not remove any since the word pansonic could be removed.

I'll start using the EMC9 in the next day or so and we will see then what is happening

I am unable to open any applications without the computer hanging up

According to the shortcut created by the install on my machine, that is the correct path and exe to run. If Windows is not finding the executable in that folder, it sounds like a bad install. Search the knowledge base for 'clean install' for EMC9 and follow those instructions.

OK-I spent 3 to 4 hours clean installing EMC9. After all this the MX icon did not appear this time on my desk top. Oh? Why is this? I tried accessing it through Easy Media Creater Home and it did not work. All I kept getting is the return back to the Home.

By the way, after removing all roxio/sonic I did a search for any files that containing the term roxio or sonic. They were about 120 of them. Such as dla.ini, setuoapi.log, cdabfileMusicIDRoxio.dll etc and etc. I renamed all this files with a different extension so that I can restore them if needed.

I then tried to access the Slideshow Assistant, this time it took well over 10 minutes to load the application. Before it was only 5 minutes.

My question is then, if I buy a software, am I expected to go through all this?

I have just downloaded Easy Media Creator 9 and installed it on my PC as per instructions. I opened the Roxio Easy Media Creator and my computer hung up. I re-booted and the pressed on an icon installed on my desktop Media Experience – and it did not open the path "C:\Program Files\Roxio\Media Experience\DMX.exe". Is there anyone that knows what the problem might be?

Click on Start/Run, and type in msconfig. On the next screen, click on Startup, and uncheck RoxWatch, Drag to Disc, and anything else with Roxio in it. You may want to uncheck most of the other processes too, as they aren't needed.

Reboot, and see if it Roxio will open.

OK-I spent 3 to 4 hours clean installing EMC9. After all this the MX icon did not appear this time on my desk top. Oh? Why is this? I tried accessing it through Easy Media Creater Home and it did not work. All I kept getting is the return back to the Home.

By the way, after removing all roxio/sonic I did a search for any files that containing the term roxio or sonic. They were about 120 of them. Such as dla.ini, setuoapi.log, cdabfileMusicIDRoxio.dll etc and etc. I renamed all this files with a different extension so that I can restore them if needed.

I then tried to access the Slideshow Assistant, this time it took well over 10 minutes to load the application. Before it was only 5 minutes.

My question is then, if I buy a software, am I expected to go through all this?

DLA is Sonic packet writing software. It could very well cause some of the problem, if you also have Drag to Disc installed.

Do any of the programs work, if you go through Start/All Programs/Roxio Easy Media Creator 9?

Good - I did exactly what you say and now the computer does not hang up but if I go into Slideshow Assistant it takes about 5 minutes to load. Is this normal?

Media Experience button on desk top "C:\Program Files\Roxio\Media Experience\DMX.exe" still does nothing. I crunches for about 5 seconds and nothing happens.

DLA is Sonic packet writing software. It could very well cause some of the problem, if you also have Drag to Disc installed.

Do any of the programs work, if you go through Start/All Programs/Roxio Easy Media Creator 9?

They all seem to open up, except for Media Experience. It takes well over 5 minutes for each to load. Have not used any as yet.

I am a little nervous having removed files left behind after clean install. Quite of few of them were systems file that contained the name roxio, and number of them in a folder \SightSpeed\. With sonoc i did not remove any since the word pansonic could be removed.

I'll start using the EMC9 in the next day or so and we will see then what is happening

Good - I did exactly what you say and now the computer does not hang up but if I go into Slideshow Assistant it takes about 5 minutes to load. Is this normal?

Media Experience button on desk top "C:\Program Files\Roxio\Media Experience\DMX.exe" still does nothing. I crunches for about 5 seconds and nothing happens.

No, it is not normal to take 5 minutes for Slide show Assistant to open. Try opening VideoWave.

Are you trying to open Digital Media Experience through the desktop icon? If not, try it.

List your system specs like I have mine listed in my signature.

post-81-1165000090.jpg

I am trying to open it through a desktop icon taht has the path "C:\Program Files\Roxio\Media Experience\DMX.exe" I would assume that it would have been the same path.

With regarding specs:

Pentium D 805 / 2.66 GHz 2X1M,533FSB

NTFS File System

1.0GB, Non-ECC, 533MHz DDR2 2x512

160GB SATA 3.0Gb/s and 8MB Data Burst Cache

Windows XP Professional Service Pack 2

8X DVD+/-RW,with Roxio Creator

I can't find what Graphics/Video Card is installed - it is what ever the computer came with I did not buy anything fancy.

Hope this helps

I am trying to open it through a desktop icon taht has the path "C:\Program Files\Roxio\Media Experience\DMX.exe" I would assume that it would have been the same path.

With regarding specs:

Pentium D 805 / 2.66 GHz 2X1M,533FSB

NTFS File System

1.0GB, Non-ECC, 533MHz DDR2 2x512

160GB SATA 3.0Gb/s and 8MB Data Burst Cache

Windows XP Professional Service Pack 2

8X DVD+/-RW,with Roxio Creator

I can't find what Graphics/Video Card is installed - it is what ever the computer came with I did not buy anything fancy.

Hope this helps

Bad assumption, especially if you are seeing a path instead of what I showed in the attached picture to my last post.

Bad assumption, especially if you are seeing a path instead of what I showed in the attached picture to my last post.

Gee - I did not know that was a bad assunption. I only showed the path to the exe file from my desk top icon. I also found the executable file in the folder and click on it and it did nothing So I tried your method and it did not work either - it just kept gpoing to the home page of roxio menu.

By the way the forum is experiencing some log-in problems. I tried loging in and it kept causing a Login general error.

According to the shortcut created by the install on my machine, that is the correct path and exe to run. If Windows is not finding the executable in that folder, it sounds like a bad install. Search the knowledge base for 'clean install' for EMC9 and follow those instructions.

Archived