• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 20 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

RecordNow Version 6

Don Bart

Question

I have version 6.5.0 that came bundled with a Dell Dimension 2400 and I'm trying to learn how to use it. Having trouble with Backup Projects for Data. When I open the program it asks me to insert a disk which I do. Then, after I set up the project and click on the BURN button it asks me to insert a disk, but there is already one in there. So, I eject and reinsert. It still comes back and asks me to insert a disk. I can't get the program to recognize that I have a disk in there. What do you think I'm doing wrong or not doing at all?

5 answers to this question

Kia Ora Nev,

Only DVDs come in + or - varieties. CDs are either CD-R or CD-RW.

Brendon you are so right !!!

I had a funny problem yesterday where I could write to a CD-RW but the burner would not accept a CD-R

I replaced the burner and using exactly the same CD-R the operation completed perfectly.

I dont understand the difference between CD-RW and CD_R I recalled that I had read somewhere about A- and A+ but again I was wrong. Thanks for your comment I will now try to bring myself up to date :)

Brendon you are so right !!!

I had a funny problem yesterday where I could write to a CD-RW but the burner would not accept a CD-R

I replaced the burner and using exactly the same CD-R the operation completed perfectly.

I dont understand the difference between CD-RW and CD_R I recalled that I had read somewhere about A- and A+ but again I was wrong. Thanks for your comment I will now try to bring myself up to date :)

Read this:

http://www.cdrfaq.org/faq01.html#S1-1

I have version 6.5.0 that came bundled with a Dell Dimension 2400 and I'm trying to learn how to use it. Having trouble with Backup Projects for Data. When I open the program it asks me to insert a disk which I do. Then, after I set up the project and click on the BURN button it asks me to insert a disk, but there is already one in there. So, I eject and reinsert. It still comes back and asks me to insert a disk. I can't get the program to recognize that I have a disk in there. What do you think I'm doing wrong or not doing at all?

May I suggest you try a rewriteable CD as a test if this works as it did in my case it may be something to do with the type of writeable CD you are usin4g (A- or A+) I ended up by replacing the drive.

Check with Dell, its their OEM software.

Archived