• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 9 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Understanding product lineup

Xyzzy

Question

Hello!

I think about getting VideoWave, but have problems with understanding Roxio's product line:

- How VW authoring capabilites differ from MyDVD?

- Does EMC 9 contain updated (9) version of VW?

- How can I get trials of VW?

X.

16 answers to this question

As far as a trial, they are hoping to be offing a trial version of EMC 9. Actually we were hoping it would be out by now but there have been delays.

Bruce is correct though. When you try to buy just what you think you will need, you end up shortchanging yourself.

If you go for the full Suite, you will you will not be disappointed and there is plenty of room for growth.

Hello!

Strange, Roxio states on web page of VideoWave 8 "Author professional-quality DVDs and fully customize all layout aspects - including fullscreen vs 16:9 widescreen!".

I am not really interested in most of the EMC, because I either already have applications performing some of its functions or I don't need the other functions.

So, why not pay 50USD instead of 100USD?

X.

Hello!

Strange, Roxio states on web page of VideoWave 8 "Author professional-quality DVDs and fully customize all layout aspects - including fullscreen vs 16:9 widescreen!".

I am not really interested in most of the EMC, because I either already have applications performing some of its functions or I don't need the other functions.

So, why not pay 50USD instead of 100USD?

X.

Go for whatever tickles your fancy. :):huh:

V9 only comes in one version, so your warning does not apply…

So far. And When EMC 8.0 was introduced it came in only one version as well, correct ? I know that is the only version I saw listed when I bought it.

I also seem to remember that there was a post stating that anyone that bought EMC 8.0 and wanted to upgrade to the Platinum/Deluxe/whatever version, there was going to be a path for that for a minimal fee. Never saw that.

If you go for the full Suite, you will you will not be disappointed and there is plenty of room for growth.

The problem here is defining the term "full suite" since Roxio has previously released "Platinum" version(s) months after the regular version is available. Also they don't offer upgrades to the "full suites".

After some research I am really puzzled.

Roxanne writes: "The DVD authoring module that is integrated in VideoWave 8 is MyDVD and is the same as what is offered in Easy Media Creator 9"

This review clearly states that VideoWave 8 is part of MyDVD 8 Premiere.

But this comparison chart knows nothing about VideoWave in MyDVD.

Multiple Easy Media Creator 9 reviews (like this one) clearly state about VideoWave 9.

So, basically:

- VideoWave 8 is VideoWave 8 + MyDVD from EMC 9

- MyDVD 8 Premiere is MyDVD 8 + VideoWave 8 (does Roxio's chart simply omit VW in MyDVD premium?)

- MyDVD 8 is someway limited version of MyDVD 8 Premiere, and without VideoWave 8

I cannot find any information- if MyDVD in EMC 9 is on the MyDVD 8 Premium or Basic level?

Well, from what I see what I might want is simply VideoWave 9 standalone, hopefully to be released, also in trial form, soon.

I'd be glad if someone could confirm my findings and answer my question.

X.

After some research I am really puzzled.

Roxanne writes: "The DVD authoring module that is integrated in VideoWave 8 is MyDVD and is the same as what is offered in Easy Media Creator 9"

This review clearly states that VideoWave 8 is part of MyDVD 8 Premiere.

But this comparison chart knows nothing about VideoWave in MyDVD.

Multiple Easy Media Creator 9 reviews (like this one) clearly state about VideoWave 9.

So, basically:

- VideoWave 8 is VideoWave 8 + MyDVD from EMC 9

- MyDVD 8 Premiere is MyDVD 8 + VideoWave 8 (does Roxio's chart simply omit VW in MyDVD premium?)

- MyDVD 8 is someway limited version of MyDVD 8 Premiere, and without VideoWave 8

I cannot find any information- if MyDVD in EMC 9 is on the MyDVD 8 Premium or Basic level?

Well, from what I see what I might want is simply VideoWave 9 standalone, hopefully to be released, also in trial form, soon.

I'd be glad if someone could confirm my findings and answer my question.

X.

No Version 8 contains the EMC 9 VideoWave or EMC 9 MyDVD.

No Version 8 contains the EMC 9 VideoWave or EMC 9 MyDVD.

If you refer to Knowledge Base, the topic is:

"You want to know how DVD authoring in VideoWave 8 differs from Easy Media Creator 9."

And the answer is:

"The DVD Autoring module that is integrated in VideoWave 8 is MyDVD and is the same as what is offered in Easy Media Creator 9."

V8 and V9 are stated both in topic and answer. Disinformation?

Anyway, is MyDVD in EMC9 on Basic or Premium level?

This lack of product comparison is strange, others make comparing easier.

X.

If you refer to Knowledge Base, the topic is:

"You want to know how DVD authoring in VideoWave 8 differs from Easy Media Creator 9."

And the answer is:

"The DVD Autoring module that is integrated in VideoWave 8 is MyDVD and is the same as what is offered in Easy Media Creator 9."

V8 and V9 are stated both in topic and answer. Disinformation?

Anyway, is MyDVD in EMC9 on Basic or Premium level?

This lack of product comparison is strange, others make comparing easier.

X.

The encoding in MyDVD 9 is much better than the encoding of MyDVD 8. I don't believe it is the same at all.

Rhetorical question on the MyDVD being Basic or Premium?

The encoding in MyDVD 9 is much better than the encoding of MyDVD 8. I don't believe it is the same at all.

OK, so probably error in Knowledge Base.

Rhetorical question on the MyDVD being Basic or Premium?

:) Not quite. But from your answer I assume that Premium features are to be found ONLY in stand-alone MyDVD Premium.

X.

OK, so probably error in Knowledge Base.

:) Not quite. But from your answer I assume that Premium features are to be found ONLY in stand-alone MyDVD Premium.

X.

I wouldn't assume anything. I was not aware that there were any standalone version 9 products. All I know of is the EMC 9 suite. If there is a standalone MyDVD 9 Premium, it would have the same MyDVD as the EMC 9 suite, possibly. If it is like the MyDVD 8 Premium, then I don't know for sure. the 8 Premium did not have all of the functions of the MyDVD in the Deluxe EMC 8.

Here is Roxio sitemap that describes their products and a couple of product comparison charts. I notice though that it shows a box of EMC9 for EMC8 product. :) I guess the site is not fully updated yet.

http://www.roxio.com/enu/sitemap.html

Hello!

I think about getting VideoWave, but have problems with understanding Roxio's product line:

X.

Here is a site to download the trial version of EMC9. It includes VW.

Hello!

X.

You want to get the full EMC 9. VideoWave is for creating your production, and MyDVD is for authoring and burning your VideoWave production.

VideoWave does not have menu buttons, etc., which is done in MyDVD. You don't burn your production in VideoWave. You do in MyDVD.

Archived