Sign in to follow this  
TomT

When EMC9 is installed computer won't recognize my RW drives as RW

Question

I have a Dell Dimension running XP. It is fully updated and with IE7. I had EMC7.5 and everything was fine. I could write to either of my RW drives. When I installed EMC9 the computer would no longer recognize my RW drives as having write capability. I would get a message to choose another drive as this one was read only. I finallly got so frustrated that I removed EMC9 and reinstalled EMC7.5 and everything is back to working OK.

Does anyone have any ideas on how to install EMC9 and get my drives to work properly?

Thanks

5 answers to this question

I have a Dell Dimension running XP. It is fully updated and with IE7. I had EMC7.5 and everything was fine. I could write to either of my RW drives. When I installed EMC9 the computer would no longer recognize my RW drives as having write capability. I would get a message to choose another drive as this one was read only. I finallly got so frustrated that I removed EMC9 and reinstalled EMC7.5 and everything is back to working OK.

Does anyone have any ideas on how to install EMC9 and get my drives to work properly?

Thanks

Your EMC 7.5 is not working properly if you have IE 7 installed.

Thanks

Do you still have 7.5 installed? If so, did 9 ask to uninstall Drag to Disc? What other similar software came on your Dell? There might be a conflict with it.

You can try removing the drives in Device Manager and reboot the system and see if that helps.

Your EMC 7.5 is not working properly if you have IE 7 installed.

The problem was when I uninstalled 7.5 and installed 9. Everything worked fine with 7.5. In fact I have uninstaaled 9 and reinstaled 7.5 and everything is back to working fine.

The problem was when I uninstalled 7.5 and installed 9. Everything worked fine with 7.5. In fact I have uninstaaled 9 and reinstaled 7.5 and everything is back to working fine.

I find that hard to believe, if you have IE7 installed. Try adding a VideoWave production (.dmsm) in DVD Builder, and tell me what happens.

I find that hard to believe, if you have IE7 installed. Try adding a VideoWave production (.dmsm) in DVD Builder, and tell me what happens.

How exactly do I do that?