• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 9 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

File Retrieval

PixelKing

Question

10 answers to this question

I am using EMC 9 trying to retrieve files from a CD that were saved about two years ago. According to the Help in EMC 9 there is a Roxio Retrieve function. I am unable to locate it.

I want to know where the Roxio Retrieve is located. I am unable to find it. The Windows Explorer shows the CD as blank and I know it should not be. I am hoping that the Retrieve function will be capable of locating the files, (photos) that should be on the disk.

This one?

Starting Roxio Retrieve

Choose one of the following ways to start Roxio Retrieve:

• From Roxio Central, click Extras & Utilities and select Roxio Retrieve.
  • Insert any of the following that was recorded using Creator Classic into your drive:
    • Any one disc of a Multi-disc Data Project disc set
    • A backup disc
    • An encrypted discNote: If Auto-run is disabled and the Roxio Retrieve window does not appear, you can start Roxio Retrieve by double-clicking the Launch_Retrieve.exe file included on the disc.

[*]Choose Start > All Programs > Roxio > Roxio Retrieve.

I want to know where the Roxio Retrieve is located. I am unable to find it. The Windows Explorer shows the CD as blank and I know it should not be. I am hoping that the Retrieve function will be capable of locating the files, (photos) that should be on the disk.

Did you use the Roxio backup program to create the disk? If not, what program did you use?

I got all this information from the Help file. But, I am unable to locate, Extras 7 Utilities and or Roxio Retrieve on my system. Did those features not install when the application was installed?

I got all this information from the Help file. But, I am unable to locate, Extras 7 Utilities and or Roxio Retrieve on my system. Did those features not install when the application was installed?

You aren't answering any questions, so to continue is pointless. :):huh::D:D

Extras 7? Doesn't sound like EMC 9 to me.

This one?

Starting Roxio Retrieve

Choose one of the following ways to start Roxio Retrieve:

• From Roxio Central, click Extras & Utilities and select Roxio Retrieve.
  • Insert any of the following that was recorded using Creator Classic into your drive:
    • Any one disc of a Multi-disc Data Project disc set
    • A backup disc
    • An encrypted discNote: If Auto-run is disabled and the Roxio Retrieve window does not appear, you can start Roxio Retrieve by double-clicking the Launch_Retrieve.exe file included on the disc.

[*]Choose Start > All Programs > Roxio > Roxio Retrieve.

The files on the CD were burned with an earlier version of EMC.

The files on the CD were burned with an earlier version of EMC.

Let me guess. Drag to Disc or Direct CD? At any rate, Roxio Retrieve, in version 9, won't help you. You can try programs like CD Roller or ISOBuster, but they will cost you money, to retrieve your files.

Both programs will let you know if there are any files to retrieve by using the free download, but you have to pay for the full version to acually be able to retrieve the files.

Well, what do you know I typed the 7 instyead of the &. Sorry about that. I did use Roxio EMC earlier version to burn the CD and I guess I had better get on the phone to find out if the tech there can help. Bye

What program did you use in the earlier version, and why are you avoiding telling which version and program you used? I would like to offer help, but I am done pulling teeth to try and get any useful information from you.

Archived