Can't use Music Disc Creator

storm lover

Question

I have used the music disc creator when I first installed EMC9 and all worked well. Yesterday I tried to use it again to make a disc and the program won't open. I have all music files on an external hard drive (Firelite) and I've noticed that whenever I try to open Music Disc Creator, the external drive lights up and flashes very quickly, looks like EMC9 is reading or trying to read/access the files. I've turned off file watching but that hasn't helped the situation. Please help. I'm trying to make CD's as gifts for Xmas presents and there isn't much time left.

Thanks,

Lee

7 answers to this question

The first thing to try is a repair of your installation.Go to Control Panel,Add/Remove,choose Roxio EMC9,Change,Repair.See if this fixes it.

What kind of drive is lighting up?Hard drive,DVD/CD?Try unplugging it and then opening MDC,what happens?

Hello again and thank you all for your wonderful help. FYI: My external drive is an 80g USB hard drive made by Firelite (smartdisk.com). It holds all important files, pics, music which I don't want lost if ever there were to be an irreversable system crash (I've had a few and learned my lesson! LOL). My o/s is Windows XP Pro and my computer is an IBM P4 1.6 with 384 MB of Ram.

I used to have EMC7 but decided to purchase 9 when it came out. Actually, I purchased but quickly returned EMC 8 last year after it crashed my system! Argh! Very frustrating indeed. Haven't had many problems with 9 until last week and after reading all the posts in here, I see I'm not alone. Wow.

After having the problem with Music Disc Creator "failing" to open (I was getting the "please wait.....loading" screen sitting there for hours if I let it) I read the posts then tried some of the suggestions (including repairing installation, turning off my external drive, stopping file and hard drive watching etc). I guess what I failed to realize is that it was indeed opening in minimized mode. Duh! Never had a program do that before ..........always a first for everything huh?

Thanks again for your help. Hopefully, I won't have any more issues with the program and can continue burning happily once again.

Lee :)

I guess what I failed to realize is that it was indeed opening in minimized mode. Duh! Never had a program do that before ..........always a first for everything huh?

That would be a hard one to trouble shoot and fix! Thanks for

posting your "Fix".

cdanteek

The first thing to try is a repair of your installation.Go to Control Panel,Add/Remove,choose Roxio EMC9,Change,Repair.See if this fixes it.

What kind of drive is lighting up?Hard drive,DVD/CD?Try unplugging it and then opening MDC,what happens?

Ditto. exact same problem here. I Used music disc creator when i first installed EMC9. worked great. one day later, MDC will not load...I get the "please wait....loading component" displayed forever.

Side note.......when i successfully used MDC the first time, I had only installed the color disc. I did install the black and white disc, but it made no difference. It would be nice if there was a clear indication what each disc is for...or at the end of disc 1 it prompt you for disc 2...which it doesn't.

Ditto, exact same solution – Repair!

Never seen the V9 discs (download) but I suspect one is labeled Program and the other Content. It was in V7, V7.5 & V8. Stands to reason it would be the same in V9…

The Program disc installs all of the programs. The Content disc is an auto-run and installs extra themes, backgrounds & transitions – no programs on that disc.

Ditto. exact same problem here. I Used music disc creator when i first installed EMC9. worked great. one day later, MDC will not load...I get the "please wait....loading component" displayed forever.

Side note.......when i successfully used MDC the first time, I had only installed the color disc. I did install the black and white disc, but it made no difference. It would be nice if there was a clear indication what each disc is for...or at the end of disc 1 it prompt you for disc 2...which it doesn't.

I f you have tried the repair install and it doesn't fix your problem, try this. I've have used it successfully but since you are editing your registry, make sure you do the back-up. My problem was caused when I closed the program while it was still working on something. I don't know why it happens. I keep a copy of the instructions handy just in case.

I f you have tried the repair install and it doesn't fix your problem, try this. I've have used it successfully but since you are editing your registry, make sure you do the back-up. My problem was caused when I closed the program while it was still working on something. I don't know why it happens. I keep a copy of the instructions handy just in case.

Upon further messing around, it appears that the MDC DID launch, but it launched in the minimized mode....

so if you weren't looking at the bottom of the screen...you would be waiting forever. Thanks for the tip. I'll keep that in my hip pocket if we have further problems.

Archived