Ver 6 & Dual Layer burners

76vette

I'm currently using Roxio ver 6 & it works perfectly for all of my burning applications. I've lived with 71 minutes of video & have worked around it just fine, but now I have purchased a dual layer burner & would like the option to occasionally burn longer DVD's, up to 90 minutes but doubtful if longer. I see there is a problem with multiple DVD's but nothing directly addressing longer burn times with a dual layer burners. Does anyone know if Roxio 6 wil allow me to burn longer times or will I have to consider upgrading to ver 9? My system is a Dell Dimension 8250 P-4, 2.8ghz, 512 ram & it works great with Roxio to burn all of my DVD's (several hundred actually). Thanx! :)

Yes, thanx, I just found the answer myself too. I see Lynn98109 had it in her notes. but overlooked it at first, however, here it is anyway for others who might come along looking too.

If memory serves there was one version of 6 (an OEM one) that could handle dual-layer but it was never common

Any version from 7 onwards (which can be obtained relatively cheaply on ebay) will do what you want

Archived