• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 9 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Is the ROXIOPLASMA folder superfluous?

PeterF

Question

I had assumed that when creating a DVD folder set that only the VIDEO_TS folder was required but now I'm starting to wonder.

I had a problem getting a DVD to run properly (I only placed the VIDEO_TS folder on the DVD) so then I burned directly to the DVD and it plays correctly. I noticed that the ROXIOPLASMA folder is on the DVD that works properly.

Anybody know if the ROXIOPLASMA folder is required for proper DVD play?

4 answers to this question

I had assumed that when creating a DVD folder set that only the VIDEO_TS folder was required but now I'm starting to wonder.

I had a problem getting a DVD to run properly (I only placed the VIDEO_TS folder on the DVD) so then I burned directly to the DVD and it plays correctly. I noticed that the ROXIOPLASMA folder is on the DVD that works properly.

Anybody know if the ROXIOPLASMA folder is required for proper DVD play?

I never need it to run my dvd's. You do only need the VIDEO_TS folder. I think it's similar to the AUDIO_TS folder which is also not needed.

Yes, Beerman, I did another test and confirmed that you only need the VIDEO_TS folder. This time, I copied the VIDEO_TS file directly from a properly working DVD directly to another DVD (leaving the ROXIOPLASMA folder behind) and it worked.

But I still have two apparently repeatable cases where creating the DVD folders on my hard-drive first and then copying just the VIDEO_TS folder to a DVD has caused a faulty DVD. Strange. Burning directly to DVD seems more reliable for me.

Just out of idol curiousity, it would be interesting to know the purpose of the ROXIOPLASMA folder. My ROXIOPLASMA folder contains three files:

METADATA.DAT 1,024 KB

PLASMADATA.DAT 32 KB

PROJECTDATA.DMSD 498 KB

Later skaters.

But I still have two apparently repeatable cases where creating the DVD folders on my hard-drive first and then copying just the VIDEO_TS folder to a DVD has caused a faulty DVD. Strange. Burning directly to DVD seems more reliable for me.

A program probably made the Audio_TS folder. The ones that didn't work the Audio_TS folder was probably not there. It is needed as part of a valid DVD Folder structure. Next time make it a empty folder named Audio_TS and add it with the Video_TS folder. It should work then.

cdanteek

Archived