• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 12 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

iso file

gmkbdl

Question

I burned video to an iso file. It showed the name of the file as c:image.iso. After the burn, I tried to find this file and have spent 2 hours looking for it. Have tried "image", "image.iso", tried advanced searches with date modifications, went to "explore" and tried to find it. Used EMC.8 to do this. Is there someplace else or something I am missing. I have done this before in EMC.7, but first time with 8. I went back to DVD burner and brought up the "burn" window, to try and replicate my steps. C:image.iso showed up again as the place it would burn to. Also said it would replace existing file. Sure would like to find that existing file. Any suggestions???? Thanks. MK

5 answers to this question

It is the same default in EMC 9. I always create a folder on a separate partition, where I send my .ISO and folder set projects to.

Thank all of you for the great info. Believe me, I have learned my lesson and will pay more attention to where I send my ISO files. Thanks again. MK

I burned video to an iso file. It showed the name of the file as c:image.iso. After the burn, I tried to find this file and have spent 2 hours looking for it. Have tried "image", "image.iso", tried advanced searches with date modifications, went to "explore" and tried to find it. Used EMC.8 to do this. Is there someplace else or something I am missing. I have done this before in EMC.7, but first time with 8. I went back to DVD burner and brought up the "burn" window, to try and replicate my steps. C:image.iso showed up again as the place it would burn to. Also said it would replace existing file. Sure would like to find that existing file. Any suggestions???? Thanks. MK

The next time you burn an ISO, change the name to something else you'll remember and select a location you can easily find.

In the meantime, try looking in your My Documents folder or simply searching your hard drive for *.iso.

The next time you burn an ISO, change the name to something else you'll remember and select a location you can easily find.

In the meantime, try looking in your My Documents folder or simply searching your hard drive for *.iso.

I thnk you will find it just under the "C" drive (no folders). Use My Computer to get to the C drive and then right click to "explore". Why that is the default I don't have the faintest idea. :)

Archived