Can't Convert WAV to MP3

dmargolis

Question

8 answers to this question

Trying to convert wav files to mp3 for my dotphoto slideshows. EMC7's help is not helping. Doing this thru Sound Editor. I've tried "saving" the file as every option available I think. Suggestions?

I no longer have 7 but isn't there a choice to export the file to another format? Have you tried Creator Classic to do this?

Trying to convert wav files to mp3 for my dotphoto slideshows. EMC7's help is not helping. Doing this thru Sound Editor. I've tried "saving" the file as every option available I think. Suggestions?

Open .wav in Sound Editor.

Click "edit" - "select all"

Click "file" - "save selection"

Choose mp3 from the "save as type" drop-down box.

These are screens from EMC 7.5 (updated version) so I'm not sure if they are the same in earlier versions of EMC 7. However, once you open a wav file in Sound Editor--clicking on EDIT and selecting SELECT ALL, then clicking on FILE, there is no selection for "SAVE SELECTION", only SAVE PROJECT or SAVE PROJECT AS.

Frank....

Thanks Rich for that information. I had 7.1 running a long time ago and thought that would probably be the reason why it was a different option in that version. I guess they must have dropped that option in 7.5 where you can open a wav file and then save it as an MP3 file within the program itself.

Frank...

Thanks Rich for that information. I had 7.1 running a long time ago and thought that would probably be the reason why it was a different option in that version. I guess they must have dropped that option in 7.5 where you can open a wav file and then save it as an MP3 file within the program itself.

Frank...

It is still available from within Sound Editor - but for some strange reason Roxio decided to offer the option via the "export selection" item under "file" instead of "save as" or "save selection". Someone must have thought it was a good idea to force long time Roxio software users to search around for it . . .

Archived