• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 17 Guests (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

gisabun@hotmail.com

Direct Cd With 0x80000002 Error?

Hi,

After "formatting" a new CDR, dumping files on it and then using DirectCD to close, the error message "0x80000002" [with no explanation] appears. Any ideas?

Gis

Altho this doesn't actually answer the question, if you want to KEEP the data, NEVER format the disc. The only thing DirectCD is really good at is losing all data permantly.

If the idea is to make a backup, use CD-R and DataProject.

Lynn

Altho this doesn't actually answer the question, if you want to KEEP the data, NEVER format the disc. The only thing DirectCD is really good at is losing all data permantly.

If the idea is to make a backup, use CD-R and DataProject.

Lynn

So. I guess you are not a fan of DirectCD.

OK. How can I automate a backup that will have more than a CD of information? Approximately 1.2 GB of data needs to be backed up.

OK. How can I automate a backup that will have more than a CD of information? Approximately 1.2 GB of data needs to be backed up.

Try a program that is designed for backup......like Ghost or True Image....do a search on Google.

For more info on Direct CD (Packet Writing) just scroll down the main ECDC 5 forum and read some of the other posts.

This is the third one down (Frequent Answers) http://forums.support.roxio.com/index.php?showtopic=122

Edited by ogdens

I lost the 80% of the data on the DirectCD formatted CD-RW that was not on the Hard Drive - permanantly, within a few weeks.

Use it at your own risk.

Lynn

Try a program that is designed for backup......like Ghost or True Image....do a search on Google.

For more info on Direct CD (Packet Writing) just scroll down the main ECDC 5 forum and read some of the other posts.

This is the third one down (Frequent Answers) http://forums.support.roxio.com/index.php?showtopic=122

Hmmmm. Both Ghost & True Image will back up partitions and the full hard disk and would take too long. I need just data. In the good old days there was Backup Exec for Windows that was good for a non-server. The backup also needs to backup some files on 3 other PCs.

Please correct me if I'm wrong. Ghost or True Image require UDF packet DVD-writing software to

format the DVD discs. True Image 9.0 currently supports the following DVD-writing software:

Roxio Drag-To-Disc — a part of Roxio Easy Media Creator Ahead InCD.

That's the same old packet writing garbage with phase change media, as directcd was with cdrw.

Why would one recommend the above.

cdanteek

Please correct me if I'm wrong. Ghost or True Image require UDF packet DVD-writing software to

format the DVD discs. True Image 9.0 currently supports the following DVD-writing software:

Roxio Drag-To-Disc — a part of Roxio Easy Media Creator Ahead InCD.

That's the same old packet writing garbage with phase change media, as directcd was with cdrw.

Why would one recommend the above.

cdanteek

I'm not sure where you get your facts, cdanteek, but neither Norton Ghost nor Acronis True-Image use any outside program of any kind for their backups.

I'm not sure what DVD discs have to do with it, either - I have my Norton Ghost on an external Hard Drive, and the people I know have their backups to either internal or external Hard Drives.

And neither program has the basic problem of programs like DirectCD, Drag2Disc, Nero's InCD, Sonic's DLA, etc: once you write an optical disc (CD, DVD) with a Backup program, it is WRITTEN. It is NOT going to be changable like the above referenced Packet-Writing programs, which pretent to make a "great-big floppy-disc" from optical media - but is FAR LESS STABLE than a floppy disc.jj

BTW - what do YOU use for backup?

Lynn

I can't speak for Ghost, but True Image does require packet writting software to format a disc before you can write directly to it from True Image. I always use True Image to create the image on a second hard drive then burn that image to a DVD using Creator Classic.

I can't speak for Ghost, but True Image does require packet writting software to format a disc before you can write directly to it from True Image. I always use True Image to create the image on a second hard drive then burn that image to a DVD using Creator Classic.

I stand corrected.

But Ghost did not require outside asistance.

Lynn