• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 4 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Dvd Maker

roserimmer

Question

When I try to open a project in EMC 8 I have started, it opens to a Preview screen and I cannot seem to find production editor/storyline anywhere so I cannot edit what I've done.

Should I be able to open a file from EMC 7.5 with EMC 8?

I bought EMC8 because I had a problem with Easy Media Creator 7.5 version where each time I'd log on I was missing files on the DVD I was trying to complete so it wouldn't let me burn the DVD. I think I might have erased the camera card that had those files, so now what do I do? Is the whole project shot? I was going to delete the panels with the missing files, but now I cannot even open production editor because I cannot find it.....help! :)

1 answer to this question

When I try to open a project in EMC 8 I have started, it opens to a Preview screen and I cannot seem to find production editor/storyline anywhere so I cannot edit what I've done.

Should I be able to open a file from EMC 7.5 with EMC 8?

I bought EMC8 because I had a problem with Easy Media Creator 7.5 version where each time I'd log on I was missing files on the DVD I was trying to complete so it wouldn't let me burn the DVD. I think I might have erased the camera card that had those files, so now what do I do? Is the whole project shot? I was going to delete the panels with the missing files, but now I cannot even open production editor because I cannot find it.....help! :)

As I recall, v8 will only open v7/7.5 productions that have all of the production content intact. This includes not only source files, but any special effects, overlays etc. which also means you would have needed to leave 7.5 installed also, which is ok as both 7.5 and 8 can be installed at the same time (except for drag to disc. v8 will replaces 7's). They have separate directory structures.

From the way you describe the problem you were having in v7.5, installing 8 wouldn't have corrected it anyway. Productions work the same in both versions. When you add your source files (video, images, etc) and make 'edits' to them, you are not actually changing the original file. The production is only taking 'notes' of what the edits are that you are making. So when you go to output or burn it, it must have access to all of the source files so it can make the changes to the output files.

Archived