• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 24 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Problem Burning DVD with MyDVD

E Bush

Question

I am having trouble burning a movie (not encrypted) from my hard drive to my DVD burner. I can burn a smaller, one file .avi movie, but cannot burn a multi .vob file movie. I can select/add all .vob files and preview the movie fine, but when I click "burn" nothing happens. The program isn't even locked up, it just does nothing. I have to eject the DVD and cancel the burn operation.

I have tried a couple different types/brands of media, including Memorex DVD-RW, TDK DVD+R DL, and TDK+R. I am using the latest firmware for my TSSTcorp DVD+-RW TS-H553A DVD +-RW drive (DE04), and I also downloaded and installed the latest DirextX 9.0c.

Here is my system:

Dell Dimension E520 (Pentium D Processor 820 w/ Dual Core (2.80GHz, 800FSB)

Intel Graphics Media Accelerator X3000

1GB Dual Channel DDR@ SDRAM at 533MHz-2DIMMs

160GB Serial ATA Hard Drive (7200RPM) w/DataBurst Cache

Windows XP Media Center 2005 Edition

Thanks for your time.

2 answers to this question

I am having trouble burning a movie (not encrypted) from my hard drive to my DVD burner. I can burn a smaller, one file .avi movie, but cannot burn a multi .vob file movie. I can select/add all .vob files and preview the movie fine, but when I click "burn" nothing happens. The program isn't even locked up, it just does nothing. I have to eject the DVD and cancel the burn operation.

I have tried a couple different types/brands of media, including Memorex DVD-RW, TDK DVD+R DL, and TDK+R. I am using the latest firmware for my TSSTcorp DVD+-RW TS-H553A DVD +-RW drive (DE04), and I also downloaded and installed the latest DirextX 9.0c.

Here is my system:

Dell Dimension E520 (Pentium D Processor 820 w/ Dual Core (2.80GHz, 800FSB)

Intel Graphics Media Accelerator X3000

1GB Dual Channel DDR@ SDRAM at 533MHz-2DIMMs

160GB Serial ATA Hard Drive (7200RPM) w/DataBurst Cache

Windows XP Media Center 2005 Edition

Thanks for your time.

You must have a unique problem since no one has ventured a guess.

I'm guessing that one of the VOB files is corrupt. Open VideoWave add one of the files and then output (film reel icon) it to mpg2 for DVD, best quality. Does VideoWave encode the VOB file or does it hang ? If you get that file to encode to mpg2 then close VideoWave and open MyDVD, set up your menu that you want BUT only add the one mpg2 file. Burn it to an iso file with the other options unchecked. Does it encode the production correctly. It will not re-encode the mpg2 file so you will get a gray preview screen during encoding. If it hangs, then that usually narrows it down to a problem with the menus in MyDVD. If it encodes, then it suggests that there is a problem with one of the VOB files. You may have to track it down using the VideoWave process as above. Come back and let us know how it goes and what was the problem (if you can narrow it down.)

You must have a unique problem since no one has ventured a guess.

I'm guessing that one of the VOB files is corrupt. Open VideoWave add one of the files and then output (film reel icon) it to mpg2 for DVD, best quality. Does VideoWave encode the VOB file or does it hang ? If you get that file to encode to mpg2 then close VideoWave and open MyDVD, set up your menu that you want BUT only add the one mpg2 file. Burn it to an iso file with the other options unchecked. Does it encode the production correctly. It will not re-encode the mpg2 file so you will get a gray preview screen during encoding. If it hangs, then that usually narrows it down to a problem with the menus in MyDVD. If it encodes, then it suggests that there is a problem with one of the VOB files. You may have to track it down using the VideoWave process as above. Come back and let us know how it goes and what was the problem (if you can narrow it down.)

Thanks, but I got so frustrated that I requested a refund from Roxio (which has been credited to my credit card account already) and deleted the program from my system. I purchased Nero and it works like a charm. It's easy to use and burns my DVDs with no problems. I was trying to save a little money going with Roxio's product, but it was too much hassle.

Archived