• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 6 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Rename audio files?

nhuston

Question

I've been very impressed w/ the "edit tag" feature available from Roxio. It seems that musicID is one of the best databases for IDing my untagged music files. One problem - I'd really like to automatically re-name the music files (and automatically move them to a pre-defined directory structure) according to the tags, eg ArtistName-Album-Track#-SongTitle. Is there any function w/in the roxio suite that will do it?

Thanks!!!

1 answer to this question

I've been very impressed w/ the "edit tag" feature available from Roxio. It seems that musicID is one of the best databases for IDing my untagged music files. One problem - I'd really like to automatically re-name the music files (and automatically move them to a pre-defined directory structure) according to the tags, eg ArtistName-Album-Track#-SongTitle. Is there any function w/in the roxio suite that will do it?

Thanks!!!

You can get partway there by using "Rename Audio Files" (Right Side of the Applications Page). When you name and move the files, you have options that will set up your folder navigation. I used Artist/Album/music cut name. I didn't see the options for Track Number but that's part of the tag.

Archived