• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 17 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Custom DVD menu templates

Mike H

Question

8 answers to this question

To add to what Larry posted, check MOTION background first. Then click EDIT MENU BACKGROUND icon just left of the Music note (see attachment). This takes you to a window that is Videowave editor. You have FULL controll just as if it was a regular video. Add clips, add transitions, add still image overlays, add MUSIC, etc. When finished, just click BACK TO MENU above the preview. You can even save this custom menu ( FILE/SAVE AS MENU STYLE).

post-49-1165365120.jpg

The hole seems to have been plugged. A little reading would have revealed that. :):huh::D

Thanks for the warm reply grandpa. Maybe I missed something in the docs, but searching them I still don't find it.

Yes, I can change the appearance of a background, and the appearance of the text and arrangement of the buttons. As noted in the kind replies above. I guess I wasn't clear enough.

What I can't figure out is how to create a menu with more than 6 links, that doesn't use the movie thumbnails for button images (I want to use snap shots, if anything), and which provides greater control over the linking of subpages to the first page. In short, I am looking for documentation on how to use the Menu Editor to create a layout that isn't limited to what is provided. This is the type of information that I would love to READ if I can only find it. Any suggestions as to where one might read about this stuff?

Basically, I'm looking for a way to create a DVD menu that looks more professional -- like you might see in a rented DVD -- than the clunky ones I can do with the Menu Editor provided in MyDVD.

Thanks.

Mike

Sorry, MyDVD uses predesigned templates. There isn't a 'blank' one and there aren't any predesigned with more than 6 links.

-- than the clunky ones I can do with the Menu Editor provided in MyDVD.
I have been complimented many times on how professional my DVD menus appear. All were created with myDVD. I hardly EVER use the predesigned templates. You won't be getting a 'professional' look with ANY predesigned template regardless of what software you purchase (IMHO). However with planning and imagination, you can create some really nice motion menus with MyDVD. It is the ONLY DVD authoring that I have bought that will let the user directly EDIT the motion background within the application just like any video clip. Just click EDIT MENU BACKGROUND (see attachment). You can add clips, still images as PIP, transitions, effect, music, narration, pan/zoom, etc. Just as if the motion menu was any other video clip. Creating the motion menu can be much more complex than editing the movie because your trying to capture teh imagination of the viewer in a short time frame.

If you want something 'more professional', I suppose you'll have to buy something that was intended for professionals. I have also used Sonic's DVDit 6 Pro. Gives the user total control, but also more difficult to use.

post-49-1165372748.jpg

Sorry, MyDVD uses predesigned templates. There isn't a 'blank' one and there aren't any predesigned with more than 6 links.

<snip>

If you want something 'more professional', I suppose you'll have to buy something that was intended for professionals. I have also used Sonic's DVDit 6 Pro. Gives the user total control, but also more difficult to use.

Thank you so much for both of your replies! (And to the other people too. I really do appreciate ALL responses.) And next time I'll be more clear in my initial posting.

I'll give the Menu Editor some more tries. I was hoping that there might be a tool or component that would allow me to create "better" templates with the Roxio Suite: it seems to do most everything else that I've needed without buying Pro software. And I was really wanting more than 6 links. Maybe in version 10? :)

Tahks again to all! -- Mike

Archived