• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 111 Guests (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

frinkenstein

Roxio MediaTicker 2 Released!

Roxio MediaTicker 2 is now available for FREE download here. We'd love to know what you think about it. Let us know by posting replies to this forum topic.

cnn_selected.jpg

What's MediaTicker?

MediaTicker 2 is a fun, scrolling ticker that delivers your local digital photos and riote RSS feeds directly onto your desktop. Unlike other newsreaders, MediaTicker gives you a visual perspective on your RSS feeds by displaying content in both text and thumbnail format.

Top New Features

NEW! Add the latest news, sports, headlines, cartoons, photos and more from sites like Flickr, Yahoo and MSNBC to your ticker using RSS.

NEW! Click on RSS news itis in your ticker to jump right to the full article on the web.

NEW! Delete an image on your hard disk permanently by pressing the "delete" button in the full-size photo display. Great for cleaning up those thumb-over-the-flash shots you copied from your camera.

NEW! Jump directly to the folder on your hard disk or to the web page for any image by clicking the "target" button in the full-size photo display.

NEW! Save images from RSS feeds to your hard drive by pressing the "Save" button in the full-size photo display.

 Watch photo miories fade in and out or subtly scroll across the screen.

 Click any thumbnail image to zoom in to the full-size picture or website.

 Send photos via iail, set thi as your desktop background, print in multiple sizes.

 The unique docking “sidebar mode” keeps the photos on your desktop without interfering with other application windows.

FIXES:

 Pictures are now sized proportionally for even spacing in scrolling mode.

Those MediaTicker 2 Features in Detail...

Flexible, Fun User Interface

MediaTicker can present photos, news and other syndicated content to your desktop in a variety of different formats. The “ticker” mode will scroll images and text along your screen while the “fade-in” mode provides a more subtle way to view your content. Use the spacebar to start and stop the scrolling effect and use the arrow keys on your keyboard to advance the ticker backwards and forwards. You can even choose the location of the ticker on your screen and whether or not it behaves like the Windows taskbar.

Your Ultimate Photo Viewer

To view your digital photo collection in your ticker, you simply point it to the folder containing your photos. MediaTicker supports all popular image formats and you can even specify an unlimited number of folders from which MediaTicker can display pictures. As your pictures scroll by in an endless loop, you’ll discover and re-discover images you’d forgotten ever taking.

View, iail, Print and Rotate Photos in a Snap

Having your pictures scrolling by in an endless loop is a great way to review photos you’ve taken. Click on any photo to display the large view of the image, then use the controls at the top of image window to iail the image, print it out, rotate it and much more.

Integrated Roxio PhotoSuite Support

While MediaTicker provides some basic image tools, actual image editing is done within the Roxio PhotoSuite application. You can choose to send any image over to PhotoSuite for editing and repairing photos, creating DVD slideshows, collages, calendars and even turning photos into moving images! MediaTicker and PhotoSuite are your perfect picture partners.

Add RSS Feeds to your Ticker

Now you can add RSS feeds from almost any source, turning MediaTicker into the coolest newsreader around. An RSS feed is a simple systi that allows users to subscribe to their favorite websites. MediaTicker displays the images found in many RSS feeds - mousing over the image shows the source and headline for the story and clicking on the image will take you to the feed’s website so you can read the article in full. MediaTicker also supports text-based RSS feeds by displaying hyperlinked headlines along with a snapshot of the originating website.

Save Images from RSS Feeds

Many websites feature RSS feeds with pictures. With MediaTicker, you can save those images to your hard drive with a single click of the mouse.

Guest ml
Roxio MediaTicker 2 is now available for FREE download here. We'd love to know what you think about it. Let us know by posting replies to this forum topic.

I finally got around to trying this and it's interesting......

One thing does annoy me. There is no hourglass or other indication that anything is happening when you go to edit a picture.

For example, a photo on my hard drive that I want to 'rotate'. Hit 'rotate' and the picture disappears for a second before it magically reappears on the screen - rotated.

Sorry for the delayed response... Yep, we're aware of this issue. We plan to address in the next major release. Thanks for your feedback!

-james.

I finally got around to trying this and it's interesting......

One thing does annoy me. There is no hourglass or other indication that anything is happening when you go to edit a picture.

For example, a photo on my hard drive that I want to 'rotate'. Hit 'rotate' and the picture disappears for a second before it magically reappears on the screen - rotated.

I really like this program. I have used it most for photo viewing, but am going to try news feeds next. What I would like to see in a new release if possible, is the ability to authorize on Flickr, so you can view your private pictures, as well as friends and groups pictures.

Thanks for a great product! :D