• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 24 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Password

Surfer Dad

Question

I'm unable to log into Suppport Request System where I would like to post an inquiry on Web Self Service system. I'm a registered owner of EMC 9.0 and can access Roxio services, e.g., My Account and this discussion group. I registered myself for Support Request System, but it won't let me re-enter, i.e., I receive an error message about incorrect Password whenever I attempt to log-in.

I tried registering again as New User, but it recognizes my e-mail address and denies me access to setup a new account. The system doesn't seem to give me an option to retrieve my password. Is there something I'm missing?

Does the Support Request System use same password as that needed to access Roxio, which I've also tried, but was unsuccessfull?

Any tips would be appreciated.

3 answers to this question

Get a GMail account (free ) any try what you have been doing, it should work with the new Gmail email address.

Also try the old email address and see if you can do the password you think it was with the caps lock on? as some times people forget or push that and put in the password correctly but its in reverse on the upper and lower case keys?, just a though?

Yes, the password must be in all lower case so if you put one in with some upper case letters, they were probably converted in lower case. Try that password again using all lower case. :)

I'm unable to log into Suppport Request System where I would like to post an inquiry on Web Self Service system. I'm a registered owner of EMC 9.0 and can access Roxio services, e.g., My Account and this discussion group. I registered myself for Support Request System, but it won't let me re-enter, i.e., I receive an error message about incorrect Password whenever I attempt to log-in.

I tried registering again as New User, but it recognizes my e-mail address and denies me access to setup a new account. The system doesn't seem to give me an option to retrieve my password. Is there something I'm missing?

Does the Support Request System use same password as that needed to access Roxio, which I've also tried, but was unsuccessfull?

Any tips would be appreciated.

Get a GMail account (free ) any try what you have been doing, it should work with the new Gmail email address.

Also try the old email address and see if you can do the password you think it was with the caps lock on? as some times people forget or push that and put in the password correctly but its in reverse on the upper and lower case keys?, just a though?

I contacted support via the phone and they were able to reset my password and I'm now able to access my account. I'm certain your tip would have worked too and thanks for taking time to respond.

Yes, the password must be in all lower case so if you put one in with some upper case letters, they were probably converted in lower case. Try that password again using all lower case. :)

I contacted support via the phone and they were able to reset my password and I'm now able to access my account. And you're correct about lower case. My original password used upper case characters and special characters, which I didn't realize at the time I set it up were "No, no's!" Thanks for taking the time to respond to my inquiry.

Archived