• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 12 Guests (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

The Highlander

Driver Fails To Get A Leg Up On Patrolman

Some fun for the day....

Updated: 12:41 p.m. ET Jan. 23, 2006

CHEMULT, Ore. - State troopers are used to having angry people throw strange things at them. But a pair of prosthetic legs?

Trooper Don Newcomb got hit with the appendages after stopping a vehicle for driving the wrong direction on Highway 97, police said. The trooper asked the driver to leave the SUV after allegedly smelling alcohol on his breath.

The driver initially refused to get out and a passenger, 53-year-old Joel Kackstetter, got out and told Newcomb that he would rip his head off, police said

Once Newcomb finally got the driver to the patrol car, he chased Kackstetter, kicking him from behind. It was then than Kackstetter threw both of his legs at Newcomb, according to a police report. One missed him but the other hit the trooper in the chest.

Kackstetter was booked Saturday on suspicion of menacing, assaulting an officer, interference with an officer, criminal conspiracy and resisting arrest. His bail was set at $45,000. The driver was charged with driving under the influence, reckless driving, resisting arrest and attempted assault of an officer.

Edited by rydall2000

Guest mlpasley
id agree there :D:D

What? You think we're the only country with drunks with prosthetic legs? :huh:

Now if the patrolman had shot the guys...... that would be an 'only in the USA type event .' :)

What? You think we're the only country with drunks with prosthetic legs? :huh:

Now if the patrolman had shot the guys...... that would be an 'only in the USA type event .' :)

I live in the US and this sounds like a comedy

Guest mlpasley

I certainly hope so.... :)

Edited by mlpasley

Hey i found it in a USA on line news site... so ill rest my case ( and in our case in New Zealand the cops don't carry guns so we would have to beat the ba-Jesus out of him instead)

:):huh: