• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 7 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Installation

Surfer Dad

Question

5 answers to this question

I recently purchased EMC 9.0, which resulted in my downloading following two files:

RoxioEMCSuitev9.0_efisd_R03.exe 607 Meg

RoxioContentCDv9.0_SUI.exe 345 Meg

Do I need to install these files in any particular order?

Yes, the 607 MB file is the main program file. It has to be installed first, followed by a reboot. Then install the 2nd file, which is the Content file.

Yes, the 607 MB file is the main program file. It has to be installed first, followed by a reboot. Then install the 2nd file, which is the Content file.

This brings to mind a similar question, when I installed EMC 9 from the CD's, it never asked for the second disk even though I had made sure to select tjhe option to install all components to the hard drive. I've already created a couple of VCD's and all the options seem to be installed. Was the installation done correctly ?

By the way, EMC9 just seems a lot better for making VCD's. I'm still looking for a couple of options but stability has definitely improved on my system.

This brings to mind a similar question, when I installed EMC 9 from the CD's, it never asked for the second disk even though I had made sure to select tjhe option to install all components to the hard drive. I've already created a couple of VCD's and all the options seem to be installed. Was the installation done correctly ?

By the way, EMC9 just seems a lot better for making VCD's. I'm still looking for a couple of options but stability has definitely improved on my system.

The second (content) disc (or download) is a standalone separate install. Even if you select the full install from the program disc, it doesn't install it. You have to install it separately. It doesn't affect the functional options, it juast adds additional content, like MyDVD themes, VideoWave transitions, etc..

The second (content) disc (or download) is a standalone separate install. Even if you select the full install from the program disc, it doesn't install it. You have to install it separately. It doesn't affect the functional options, it juast adds additional content, like MyDVD themes, VideoWave transitions, etc..

Excellent ! Thanks for the answer. I'll look forward to having even more toys tomorrow !

Archived