• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 5 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Burned Data To CD, but only last session viewable?

nautibuoy

Roxio CD Creator 5 Platinum 5.3.4.21

I have burned pics and documents to the same CD in 3 different sessions.

After each session I am only able to view the items from that session, but the CD still shows all the data is on the CD somewhere when I look in properties.

I finalized the CD only after I finished the third session that filled up most of the remaining space on the CD. I was hoping that after I finalized the CD it would let me see the other data. No such luck.

How can I view all of the files on the CD? I am lost, and just hope that the first two sessions of these pics and documents are not lost also. Like I said, the CD shows that it is full of data adding up to the amount of all 3 sessions.

Please help somebody.

Apparently you were in such a panic you didn't look around when you got to the Forum. There is a post pinned to the top which deals with many of the more common questions.

From FREQUENT ANSWERS (pinned to the top of the Forum):

DataProject - import session: When you close session, don't close CD, the next time you add a session, you need to be sure to "import session" (it's on the Disc menu). What this does is bring forward the TOC (Table of Contents) so you can still access those files. It is NOT like a "save as" of a document which duplicates the document; it merely keeps the address so you can find the document. Just remember to finalize the CD before your computer crashes, in case when it it revived it has a different program. If you didn't do that, there is still hope - http://forums.support.roxio.com/index.php?showtopic=159

Lynn

Apparently you were in such a panic you didn't look around when you got to the Forum. There is a post pinned to the top which deals with many of the more common questions.

From FREQUENT ANSWERS (pinned to the top of the Forum):

Lynn

Thanks. Yes, I was in the Panic mode. I hope this works.

Mark

Thanks. Yes, I was in the Panic mode. I hope this works.

Mark

Let us know how it goes.

Just a thought - CD-Rs only cost about 15 cents each by the spindle. Was the excitement worth the financial savings of using the entire disc? You'll be using a second disc for the recovery anyway.

Lynn

Roxio CD Creator 5 Platinum 5.3.4.21

I have burned pics and documents to the same CD in 3 different sessions.

After each session I am only able to view the items from that session, but the CD still shows all the data is on the CD somewhere when I look in properties.

I finalized the CD only after I finished the third session that filled up most of the remaining space on the CD. I was hoping that after I finalized the CD it would let me see the other data. No such luck.

How can I view all of the files on the CD? I am lost, and just hope that the first two sessions of these pics and documents are not lost also. Like I said, the CD shows that it is full of data adding up to the amount of all 3 sessions.

Please help somebody.

You've gotten information indicating that the problem is probably that you neglected to "import previous session" and how to access the data by importing each older session. Burning multi-session cd's works very well, as long as you remember to import previous session, or as Brendon advocates - set the program to automatically do that every time. There is no portability advantage to finalizing or closing a data cd, as long as the last session was properly written/finalized.

Since you have the Platinum 5 version of the program suite, you should also find a little utility under the Roxio group called "session selector". That tool should give you direct access to each of the sessions on your cd that you neglected to "import" forward. If that works for you, you could just copy everything down to your hard disk by opening/accessing/copying files from each of the sessions on the disc, one at a time, and then burn a fresh cd-r of all the files. You can tell the program to finalize the session on the new cd but leave the cd open, so you can add more files via a new session later on - remembering to import previous session, of course.

You've gotten information indicating that the problem is probably that you neglected to "import previous session" and how to access the data by importing each older session. Burning multi-session cd's works very well, as long as you remember to import previous session, or as Brendon advocates - set the program to automatically do that every time. There is no portability advantage to finalizing or closing a data cd, as long as the last session was properly written/finalized.

Since you have the Platinum 5 version of the program suite, you should also find a little utility under the Roxio group called "session selector". That tool should give you direct access to each of the sessions on your cd that you neglected to "import" forward. If that works for you, you could just copy everything down to your hard disk by opening/accessing/copying files from each of the sessions on the disc, one at a time, and then burn a fresh cd-r of all the files. You can tell the program to finalize the session on the new cd but leave the cd open, so you can add more files via a new session later on - remembering to import previous session, of course.

All the above info that rich86 has just provided is on Page 6-7 of the Users Manual.

Archived