• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 6 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

MyDVD Studio 6.1.3 Windows XP 64 Install issue

DaddyK

Question

Greetings,

I purchased a copy of MyDVD Studio 6.1.3 after following the link from Tivo's site. I attempted to install the product on my Windows XP64 machine and the install fails with a generic unsupported configuration error.

Is this product supported on Windows XP64?

I did download the trial, but did not receive a trial key. The trial does not seem to have a similar install error/issue; which led me to believe that one could purchase the offered retail version and install it on a Windows XP64 OS.

Additionally, I can not find min system specs/supported OS anywhere. This is getting rather frustrating and I after reading some of the forum posts with sonic/roxio merger, I hope I am not stuck with a virtual lemon.

Tivo needs to pull this product endorsement, if these kind of issues persist.

:)

5 answers to this question

Unfortunately this software will not run on Windows XP 64. You should find the compatible operating systems on the same page as the System Requirements which are usually a tab on the page detailing the product.

To return the product, contact the company that you ordered through. They sent you an email with the order number, serial, etc. It's usually Element 5 or Digital River. Contact them and explain the problem and they'll refund your money.

Sorry for the inconvenience

Unfortunately this software will not run on Windows XP 64. You should find the compatible operating systems on the same page as the System Requirements which are usually a tab on the page detailing the product.

To return the product, contact the company that you ordered through. They sent you an email with the order number, serial, etc. It's usually Element 5 or Digital River. Contact them and explain the problem and they'll refund your money.

Sorry for the inconvenience

Thank you for the response. I am seeking a refund at this time. I am curious as to where that "tab" for compatible OS would be. I don't see here:

http://estore.sonic.com/upgrades/tivo/mydv...150503&MID=

Nor, after selecting the link for purchase or trial link from the above page. I would suggest resolving the trial key issue and placing the compatibility matrix on the special offer page.

MyDVD is fully capable of importing and burning those Tivo files to DVD. Tivo files are basically MPEG2 files in a Tivo wrapper, just as Xvid files use the AVI wrapper.

If you check your start menu for MyDVD and cannot find it, please contact customer service for a replacement download. Contact info can be found in the email that was sent to you as a confirmation of the order.

Because that's a special offer it's not the full description of the product. What I was referring to was this: http://www.sonic.com/products/Consumer/dms...Ste/system.aspx

I recently bought this software from the TiVo "Special Offer", and am quite confused as to what exactly I did buy, and what's its capabilities are. I want something that will let me burn DVDs from my TiVo. I do have "TiVo Desktop", so I am able to download ".tivo" files to my PC, and watch them there with the TiVo Desktop software.

I purchased "MyDVD Studio 6.1.3 - ESD - UG/EM" from the above link, but as far as I can tell, all that got me was a DVD player (Sonic CinePlayer) and the Sonic "DLA" software.

Can anyone help with my confusion? Thanks!

Archived