• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 6 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Dvd Burning Error

hue983

Question

Hello,

I recently upgrade firmware for my Sony Dvd Rw Dw-D26A, after failure to burn Memorex dvd disk. (Do not purchase Memorex dvd disk because they suck and caused me plenty of headache) After upgrading my firmware for my DVD+rw drive, I am having trouble burning data to my generic 8x dvd disk. Before upgrading my firmware I was able to burn my 8X generic dvd+r disk without any problems. When I tried to burn avi data to my 8x dvd+r disk I would get an error. After ECD7 complete burn it will say "Error Occurred During record:

E: Sony Dvd Rw DW-D26A.("Session Fixation Error while writing lead-in-Medium error." [03/72/01]) Same error displayed again. My dvd drive can't read burnt disk. I didn't have this kind of problem before I upgrade my dvd+Rw drive firmware. I am pretty sure it is due to cheap or bad media, but I was able to burnt data with generic 8x dvd+r disk. Why can I burnt it now when my firmware is update to date. Another occasion I would get a power Calibration area error-Medium error [30/73/03J] I still have over 50 spindles of generic 8x dvd+r disks and I don't want to waste it. Is there way to downgrade firmware update. I am trying to burn multiple .avi format data to dvd+r disk. Somehow I can burn regular text data without any errors. Is there easier way to add data to DVd+rw disk. ( I.E. I burnt 2gig worth of data to dvd+rw disk. I still have 2.6 gig left on my disk. I would copy all the data stored in disk to my harddrive than erased the content of disk than burn new data with previous data. However, this is tedious and time consuming is there easier way to add new data to my dvd+rw disk or dvd+r disk witout erasing previously stored data in disk?)

I would appericate suggestions and advice.

Thanks.

1 answer to this question

Hello,

I recently upgrade firmware for my Sony Dvd Rw Dw-D26A, after failure to burn Memorex dvd disk. (Do not purchase Memorex dvd disk because they suck and caused me plenty of headache) After upgrading my firmware for my DVD+rw drive, I am having trouble burning data to my generic 8x dvd disk. Before upgrading my firmware I was able to burn my 8X generic dvd+r disk without any problems. When I tried to burn avi data to my 8x dvd+r disk I would get an error. After ECD7 complete burn it will say "Error Occurred During record:

E: Sony Dvd Rw DW-D26A.("Session Fixation Error while writing lead-in-Medium error." [03/72/01]) Same error displayed again. My dvd drive can't read burnt disk. I didn't have this kind of problem before I upgrade my dvd+Rw drive firmware. I am pretty sure it is due to cheap or bad media, but I was able to burnt data with generic 8x dvd+r disk. Why can I burnt it now when my firmware is update to date. Another occasion I would get a power Calibration area error-Medium error [30/73/03J] I still have over 50 spindles of generic 8x dvd+r disks and I don't want to waste it. Is there way to downgrade firmware update. I am trying to burn multiple .avi format data to dvd+r disk. Somehow I can burn regular text data without any errors. Is there easier way to add data to DVd+rw disk. ( I.E. I burnt 2gig worth of data to dvd+rw disk. I still have 2.6 gig left on my disk. I would copy all the data stored in disk to my harddrive than erased the content of disk than burn new data with previous data. However, this is tedious and time consuming is there easier way to add new data to my dvd+rw disk or dvd+r disk witout erasing previously stored data in disk?)

I would appericate suggestions and advice.

Thanks.

Calibration errors mean one of two things. Either the media that you are using is poor, or your burner is dying. Try using Verbatim media, and see what happens.

As far as going back to a previous firmware, check with the manufacturer of your burner to see if it is possible.

Archived