• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 20 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Help Adding Overlay Tracks

travisshawna@cs.com

Question

Hello all

I have upgraded from videowave 7.5 to 8 and I am having trouble adding multiple overlay tracks. The help files say to click on show/hide tracks in timeline view and then click on add overlay track. When I do this, a message pops up and says " no more than 1 overlay track can be added". I know this version is suppose to be able to add many overlay tracks. Am I doing something wrong or is this just another glitch with the new version 8?

9 answers to this question

Please note the HELP file states that 'some features may not be available.' Multiple overlay tracks is not available in this version.

You only have two overlays: Internal and External

Thanks for the resopnse, any sugestions are grateful :)

Well, I know that mutiple overlay tracks is available in this version because I have seen it(and the help files say it should work). When I use "slideshow assistant",(A program that came with roxio media creato) and use the 2x2 extreme template and then click on edit in videowave, it works. The slideshow is imported into videowave and there they are 4 different overlay tracks. So then I save the videowave project and use it as a template for my video editing and it saves all the overlay tracks. This is a work around until this is fixed in videowave 8. I am switching back to version 7.5 until these issues are fixed. There are to many problems and missing features that are said to be in this version. I really like roxio up to this version. There programs have always been great. I upgraded for the new features and then found out they don't work. That's ok, hopefully they will send updates to fix this and then I can use version 8 because it is more stable and updates missing files alot better than 7.5. Please respond with any ideas, thanks again gary.

Slideshow assistant is an exception. Interesting that you can do what you are doing with the work around, but I can assure you, it is working as designed. This release of Videowave has the same number of tracks as version 7.5 - 14 tracks.

Yeah, I'm not sure what to believe. The fact that videowave can do mutuple tracks and is not suppose to, or that the help files say you can but it is not suppose to? I have the full version so all features should work. This is very confusing, but maybe this will be anwsered in the future with updates or new version. Thanks for the reply.

Yeah, I'm not sure what to believe. The fact that videowave can do mutuple tracks and is not suppose to, or that the help files say you can but it is not suppose to?

You are correct in both statements. How is it confusing? Read the HELP file again. At the top of each page, there is a statement. See attachment. There are quite few options that are greyed out and not available.

post-49-1138202320.jpg

You are correct in both statements. How is it confusing? Read the HELP file again. At the top of each page, there is a statement. See attachment. There are quite few options that are greyed out and not available.

Well, it's confusing because it is saying you can do this feature in the help files and it also says NOTE: Depending on the software version you are running, some of the features described below may not be available. For information about upgrading to take full advantage of all the features described in the online Help, visit www.roxio.com. I have the full version so it shouldn't depend on anything.I cannot upgrade. This seems to be a statement that is taken out of context, so that anything that doesn't work can refer to this statement. This is not a get out of jail free card. It's pretty obvious that the program doesn't work correctly. Again, maybe an update will fix all these problems. I have been using my multiple overlay template and trying to work with it, but I will soon go back to 7.5.

Thanks again

Well, it's confusing because it is saying you can do this feature in the help files and it also says NOTE: Depending on the software version you are running, some of the features described below may not be available. For information about upgrading to take full advantage of all the features described in the online Help, visit www.roxio.com. I have the full version so it shouldn't depend on anything.I cannot upgrade. This seems to be a statement that is taken out of context, so that anything that doesn't work can refer to this statement. This is not a get out of jail free card. It's pretty obvious that the program doesn't work correctly. Again, maybe an update will fix all these problems. I have been using my multiple overlay template and trying to work with it, but I will soon go back to 7.5.

Thanks again

It's confusing because at this point, there is only one version 8 that's been released. How full of a version it is seems to be what is not clear. From the disclaimer in the help files, it would lead one to believe that they may be intending to have different levels of v8, and that this initial release is not the full version that contains all of the features listed in the help files.

It's confusing because at this point, there is only one version 8 that's been released. How full of a version it is seems to be what is not clear. From the disclaimer in the help files, it would lead one to believe that they may be intending to have different levels of v8, and that this initial release is not the full version that contains all of the features listed in the help files.

I agree, but without assuming anything and going by previous versions, the "version statement" is talking about limited versions not the full version. I have had limited versions of 7.0 and that is what this statement is talking about, limited versions. Going just by the help files in versions 8.0, and not assuming anything about future versions, this programs does not work correctly. I am looking forward to updates that may fix everything with just a download. :)

Thanks for the response

Well you know what they say about assume and since this is not the same company (Sonic/Roxio), I wouldn't be surprised if they went to multiple versions. Pinnacle has done it. Adobe also has mutliple versions. Perhaps, they are just trying to compete with the market. We can speculate all we want. It doesn't change the fact that the features are not there.

Archived