Janik

Two Video_Ts Folder on one DVD?

Question

Hi,

I have two fully processed video projects saved as image files with accordingly two video_ts folders. I would like to put both projects (so two video_ts folders) on one dvd.

I used iMovie 4 to edit the videos and compressed them with iDVD 4. I have Toast 7.0.1 Titanium.

I found a post saying that I could use Toasts Video Option choosing the DVD-Video button and just add the two video_ts folders. Toast would then add the video_ts, vts_01_1.vob and vts_02_1.vob out of both folders.

I tried this and it seemed to work, but Toast promted it could not import 6 files due to an unreadable format (may be the other files, not vob format). I saved it as an image files and it worked with PowerDVD.

Does this procedure reduce the quality of the videos due to encoding/compression? Otherwise it seems like an easy way out.

Advice appreciated. Thanks.

2 answers to this question

You can put the two together in one but you will lose the iDVD menus.

Mount the disc images. Choose DVD video as the format in the Toast Video window. Enter the Toast Media Browser. Choose DVD with the top button. The two mounted disc images will appear in the browser window. Use the lower button to enter the titles level for one of the "DVDs". Drag the titles you want to the Video window. Do the same for the other "DVD". Prepare your menu and burn your disc (or Save as Disc Image).

Toast extracts the MPEGs from the disc images. It will multiplex them as part of the authoring of the new VIDEO_TS but will not re-encode the video.