• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 13 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

MyDVD Premier 8 problem

dclgreer

Question

My Canon DC20 DVD camcorder came with MyDVD for Canon LE. It worked fine but was fairly limited, some buttons being turned off unless you upgrade to Deluxe or something like that. I wanted to upgrade so I followed the Roxio yellow brick road which led me to MyDVD Premier 8. I decided to fork out the $50 to upgrade and downloaded the program. My first frustration was that I couldn't even transfer my projects from the old program to the new! Very annoying. But, to make things way worse, the program recognizes my Canon device but DOESN'T seem to recognize the DVDs made with the device. VERY frustrating. When I select the Canon DC20 from the drop down menu in the Media Import program it just doesn't do anything...like I hadn't selected it at all.

So I'm wondering if there's some obvious solution to this problem. Am I missing something really basic?? Or is my device simply not compatible. I would think it should be since the camcorder is only a year old and was compatible with the previous Roxio product I was using. And it appears from a lot of postings on this forum that they're not to keen on offering refunds, which I'm now wishing I could do because I don't have time to monkey around with a crappy program.

Someone please help. Anything!

1 answer to this question

My Canon DC20 DVD camcorder came with MyDVD for Canon LE. It worked fine but was fairly limited, some buttons being turned off unless you upgrade to Deluxe or something like that. I wanted to upgrade so I followed the Roxio yellow brick road which led me to MyDVD Premier 8. I decided to fork out the $50 to upgrade and downloaded the program. My first frustration was that I couldn't even transfer my projects from the old program to the new! Very annoying. But, to make things way worse, the program recognizes my Canon device but DOESN'T seem to recognize the DVDs made with the device. VERY frustrating. When I select the Canon DC20 from the drop down menu in the Media Import program it just doesn't do anything...like I hadn't selected it at all.

So I'm wondering if there's some obvious solution to this problem. Am I missing something really basic?? Or is my device simply not compatible. I would think it should be since the camcorder is only a year old and was compatible with the previous Roxio product I was using. And it appears from a lot of postings on this forum that they're not to keen on offering refunds, which I'm now wishing I could do because I don't have time to monkey around with a crappy program.

Someone please help. Anything!

I am having exactly the same problem with my Cannon DC40 camera. I obtained MyDVD Premier by the same method you used except I waited for a DVD disk from Sonic. I had to remove all Roxio products and reinstall the Roxio that came with my Cannon camera, before I could again read the DVDs from my camera. I feel I have been ripped off and am looking into ways the recover my loses also. I consider this to be a major fraud by Roxio. I can’t seem to find a way to contact Roxio and tell them what I think about their lousy software, but I will take ever opportunity to let the world know.

Archived