• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 10 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Naming dvd disc

Sniper

Question

12 answers to this question

I've noticed similar problems with the names on my DVD projects. Very annoying, particulary as mine are intented to be played in player and on PCs to get at the photos - and it looks realy sloppy to have the disc named something stupid when it shows up in 'My Computer'.

Regards, Mark.

Nope - I've tried names with no spaces, no special characters and it still cut of the front.

Very annoying.

Mark.

I've got the same problem. Has anyone found a solution? Will there be a patch to address this issue?

Typically it will clip a random amount off of the first name, i.e. "Wonder_Dog" might come out as "nder_Dog" or "My_Wonder_Dog" might come out as "y_Wonder_Dog".

Any help or information would be appreciated.

I've noticed similar problems with the names on my DVD projects. Very annoying, particulary as mine are intented to be played in player and on PCs to get at the photos - and it looks realy sloppy to have the disc named something stupid when it shows up in 'My Computer'.

Regards, Mark.

Don't think you can use spaces and other special characters. Try using My_House

Nope - I've tried names with no spaces, no special characters and it still cut of the front.

Very annoying.

Mark.

I've got the same problem. Has anyone found a solution? Will there be a patch to address this issue?

Typically it will clip a random amount off of the first name, i.e. "Wonder_Dog" might come out as "nder_Dog" or "My_Wonder_Dog" might come out as "y_Wonder_Dog".

Any help or information would be appreciated.

It is a bug in the program, and let's hope the upcoming patch addresses that issue. And, I don't know when the patch is coming out, for sure. A patch is supposed to come out once Vista is released to the public.

I think that he was just letting me know where it happens to him. It happens to everyone.

I was able to work around this by adding 5 extra characters.

I was burning from a folder set. I named the folder T469_philmont. The DVD came out named philmont, as I had hoped.

MyDVD.

In Easy Media Creator 9 when compiling to make a movie dvd on a disc after it has copied the whole name does not appear Example: Disc name "My Disc" after it is copied the name appears as "y Disc" in Emc8 the whole name appears.

In Easy Media Creator 9 when compiling to make a movie dvd on a disc after it has copied the whole name does not appear Example: Disc name "My Disc" after it is copied the name appears as "y Disc" in Emc8 the whole name appears.

That's a known issue and is being dealt with by Roxio and should be addressed with the next patch

Archived