Fixation Error E800418ac

gardnercha

First try a different brand of disc, and if that doesnt work update the firmware on your burner (go to the website of the manufacturer of your burner).

While you are on their site see if they recommend any type of disc's to use.

I've done a little checking on this and it looks like it is a failure to close a session of some kind.The first suggestion I saw to try and fix was to make sure that your drives are in DMA instead of PIO.

So,go to my computer and right click.Go to Properties,Hardware tab,Device Manager.When it opens go to IDE controllers and hit the + sign.Highlight the primary controller and right click,hit properties.Go to advanced settings.Make sure that Transfer Mode says DMA if Available for both devices.Repeat the process for the secondary controller.If you made any changes reboot your computer to get the changes to take effect and try burning again.

If all the controllers already say that,look to see if the current mode is PIO on any of the devices.Let us know.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I am also having the same problem. My version is 6.2.0.130 which according to the support site is latest.

All my drives are set to DMA. I am using a Pioneer DVD burner DVR-105 with the latest firmware. I am Running Windows XP. Before installing Easy CD & DVD Creator 6, I used Easy CD Creator 5 Basic with NO PROBLEMS. I also have an old HP 9100 CD Burner in my system. As old as it is, it worked fine with 5. After I had the problems with my other drive, I tried using this one to burn. The good new is it did not give me any errors. The bad news is it locked up my system and I had to kill the power (The three finger salute didn't even work)

What is a "Fixation Error"?

Thanks

If you've made sure that you're in DMA mode,tried a different media and cleaned the lens it could be that the drive is on it's last legs.You say it's an old drive,how old?If it's 4 or 5 years could be time for a new drive.You can get a new DVD burner for a very reasonable price.Might be time to go for one.

What is a "Fixation Error"?

Thanks

It would appear, from a google search

(see http://72.14.203.104/search?q=cache:27y8zd...s&ct=clnk&cd=1)

it causes problems writing the lead-in or lead-out, or the tracks.

Just off the top of my head, I'm wondering if you are trying to go at the top speed of the burner? If so, try slowing down - my new(er) 12x8x32x was willing to go at 8x, but there were pretty bad skips because it was driving too fast for conditions. Returning to 4x solved that (400MHz processor).

Or, if it is a mis-match between the media and the burner, using a different brand of media would help.

Do you have a clean install of WinXP, or did you put it on top of the old Operating System? Clean installs work best. Putting it on top of an older system often mucks things up.

added later:

This might also be of use, altho it covers a lot of the answers already given;

http://www.cdr-zone.com/articles/atapi_err...des_page_1.html

Lynn

Archived