Track titles are not downloaded

JimKH

Question

5 answers to this question

Are these commercially made cd's or ones that you've made?If they're ones you made then you won't get the track titles as they come from a database and your homemade discs won't show in the database.

If they are commercial discs then EMC8 should go out to the internet and try to find the disc in it's database.Try putting the disc in Windows Media Player and see if it comes up with the track names.If it does then it's something in EMC,if not then it's probably something weird with the disc.

Something to check is go to the Home application,open the Audio catagory and then down in the bottom right hit options.Under General,Internet,make sure that the box is checked that allows internet checking for info.

1. The discs in question are commercially made, they are not burned discs.

2. Track titles are downloaded by Windows Media Player.

3. I tried your suggestion by doing the following:

a. Open Easy Media Creator 8

b. Click on Home

c. Click on Audio

d. Click on Tools

e. Click on Options

f. Click on General

g. Click on Internet

The "Enable Audio Disc Information Download" box was checked but the track titles still don't download. I've been using EMC 8 for months but this title download problem just started this week. Previously, the title download process worked fine so I assumed I had accidentally changed something within EMC 8. I assume the next step is to reload EMC 8 again and see if things go back to the way they were. Correct?

Did you check to make sure your firewall settings haven't changed for the database? Did you add/update any programs in the last week?

I wouldn't uninstall/reinstall first.Before that just try doing a repair through the Control Panel.

Try doing this:Go to Tools,Check for Unidentified Tracks and when the box pops up browse to the drive that has the cd in it.See if the Gracenote box pops up in the upper left corner of your screen.If it does then you're going out to the net to check files for this function,so it does work.If it does then I would definately do a repair because clicking on Import from CD should provoke the same response to happen.

1. The discs in question are commercially made, they are not burned discs.

2. Track titles are downloaded by Windows Media Player.

3. I tried your suggestion by doing the following:

a. Open Easy Media Creator 8

b. Click on Home

c. Click on Audio

d. Click on Tools

e. Click on Options

f. Click on General

g. Click on Internet

The "Enable Audio Disc Information Download" box was checked but the track titles still don't download. I've been using EMC 8 for months but this title download problem just started this week. Previously, the title download process worked fine so I assumed I had accidentally changed something within EMC 8. I assume the next step is to reload EMC 8 again and see if things go back to the way they were. Correct?

Archived