• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 15 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Capturing Telephone Audio

Jerry Gitchel

Question

2 answers to this question

I need to know if Roxio 9 can capture both mic and headphones during a VoIP phone call (Skype).

If so, what settings need to be changed?

Thanks!

Jerry

I'm not quite sure. I'll have to give it a try with Skype and find out. Depending on your sound card, you can record 'What U Hear' in Sound Editor but I don't know if you'd get both sides of the conversation that way. I don't think you can select both the mic and 'What U Hear'. If I have time, I'll try this out and let you know. I've only used Skype once and the person I talked to is a very mean man! :)

Use caution!! In a lot states it is illegal to record a phone conversation without both parties having knowledge of it.In some states (mine for one) only one party has to know.

This being an Internet call I'm not sure if the same rules apply but you might check to be sure if you plan on using this recording for any legal matters.

From what I was able to look up it looks like you have to follow the same rules when recording a conversation off the net as you do over a land line based phone or cell phone.

Archived