Drag to Disk

HWT53

Question

Here is the thing. When I try to start Drag to Disk it runs into a problem and shuts down. I am using Easy Media Creator 7. I have also downloaded the patch upgrade.

I am running on Windows XP Pro. I have AMD Athlon XP 2500+. I have 1.0 GB of ram.

Space is not the trouble. I have 2 hard drives with 160 Gigs each.

I have tried every thing I can think of. Is there some one else that has has this trouble and found a fix.

I thank you in advance for your help

6 answers to this question

One of the options for a thread (which I managed to find recently when sufficiently desperate but don't recall quite where at the moment) is to be notified every time there is a post added.

These are public Forums, searched by google and other search engines, which in turn are searched by spammers seeking to "harvest" email addresses for spamming purposes. I'd suggest you edit your post to remove your email address - if it isn't already too late.

BTW - Drag2Disc, and all Packet-Writing programs (Drag2Disc, DirectCD, Nero's InCD, Sonic's DLA, etc) are best used to permantly LOSE the information - that is, they can be very fussy about being read, and fail for any reason or none at all. If used with RW media, the data will be lost faster. Unless the orignal file is safely stored on the original computer or on R media with a Sessions-based program, using Packet-Writing programs is very risky.

WinXP has a built-in burning program which works like drag&drop but is the much safer Sessions method.

Lynn

Do you have Internet Explorer 7 installed? It 'breaks' EMC7.

Yes I do. My Computer is up to date.

One of the options for a thread (which I managed to find recently when sufficiently desperate but don't recall quite where at the moment) is to be notified every time there is a post added.

These are public Forums, searched by google and other search engines, which in turn are searched by spammers seeking to "harvest" email addresses for spamming purposes. I'd suggest you edit your post to remove your email address - if it isn't already too late.

BTW - Drag2Disc, and all Packet-Writing programs (Drag2Disc, DirectCD, Nero's InCD, Sonic's DLA, etc) are best used to permantly LOSE the information - that is, they can be very fussy about being read, and fail for any reason or none at all. If used with RW media, the data will be lost faster. Unless the orignal file is safely stored on the original computer or on R media with a Sessions-based program, using Packet-Writing programs is very risky.

WinXP has a built-in burning program which works like drag&drop but is the much safer Sessions method.

Lynn

Thanks for the info. I did edit the post. The trouble with the built in burning is that you can not delete any info from disk without deleting all and start over. :)

Thanks for the info. I did edit the post. The trouble with the built in burning is that you can not delete any info from disk without deleting all and start over. :)

Roll back from IE7 to IE6, and see if that makes a difference. IE7 and EMC 7 /7.5 do NOT get along with each other.

OR, if you want to keep your computer "up to date" with I.E. 7, then get software that is new enough to deal with it - such as EMC 9, and newer Vesions of every other piece of software I.E. 7 breaks.

The built-in WinXP burning writes in Sessions. Are you so sure that replacing the data on a Packet-Written disc, or on a CD-RW, is worth more than the 15 cents that a CD-R costs by the spindle?

Lynn

Archived