• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 9 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

EMC 9 reinstall

fxer

Question

I have AMD Athlon 64 X2 with 2GB memorey. It came with Sonic software preinstalled. The software ran OK, however the Roxio bombared me with EMC9 upgrade so I did upgrade. The installation was slow but it worked. Oh, i downloaded the software so it resides on the HDD. Unfortunately it gor corrupted. I deinstalled it following procedure I found on Roxio site - including cleaning up registry etc. Upon reinstall I received message - the CD key is invalid! So I followed another procedure - ran emc9rmv.exe. Still it does not recognize the CD key! What next? I have run out of ideas....right now neigther Sonic nor Roxio are installed on my computer so I do not have possibilities of burning CD not DVD's.... :)

2 answers to this question

I have AMD Athlon 64 X2 with 2GB memorey. It came with Sonic software preinstalled. The software ran OK, however the Roxio bombared me with EMC9 upgrade so I did upgrade. The installation was slow but it worked. Oh, i downloaded the software so it resides on the HDD. Unfortunately it gor corrupted. I deinstalled it following procedure I found on Roxio site - including cleaning up registry etc. Upon reinstall I received message - the CD key is invalid! So I followed another procedure - ran emc9rmv.exe. Still it does not recognize the CD key! What next? I have run out of ideas....right now neigther Sonic nor Roxio are installed on my computer so I do not have possibilities of burning CD not DVD's.... :)

Have a look at post 17 on this forum http://forums.support.roxio.com/index.php?showtopic=13099

Might be worth trying.

OK, problem fixed.

I have 2 HDD - a working one and a back up (mirror image of the first one). Once I disconected the second one the installation went OK. After that I reconnected the HDD and everything seems to be working OK.

Thanks for help. This forum is great!

Archived