• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 9 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

5.1 passthru

Tvjohn

Question

I may be missing something basic, but when I import a Dolby Digital 5.1 file as .ac3 it is converted to two channel. The convert all non compliant files is unchecked, there are two choices for audio out, Dolby 2.0 and PCM. I have DVDLab Studio and have no problems outputting the same files as 5.1. I am running DVDit 6 Pro version 6.0. Any Ideas?

John

6 answers to this question

if you can provide me with your email address (cloak it like yournameathotmaildotcom) I can point you in the direction of the 6.1 update.

Still unsafe - some spammers actually read the pages.

It's best to use the PM system here - just click on the screen name and you get the option to send a private message

Update installed, still insists on transcoding audio.

So, after reading some posts over at the cow, transcoding occurs if audio and video lengths aren't precisely matched..would be nice to have this documented in a readme somewhere. Does this present a problem with ac3 files imported a 30 music for menus?

So, after reading some posts over at the cow, transcoding occurs if audio and video lengths aren't precisely matched..would be nice to have this documented in a readme somewhere. Does this present a problem with ac3 files imported a 30 music for menus?

Ok, so here it is.

Finally got it to work.

1. Video must be suitably encoded as mp2, make sure the file is not too large to exceed the disk size.

2. Bitrate should not exceed 9400MBS, as capacity needs to exist for the audio.

3. Length of the video and audio files must be the exact same length.

4. you can not use any audio for the menus, regardless of the file type.

5. If you see a dialog box stating audio transcoding is occuring, something is still wrong.

6. It is usually best to start a project from scratch, once something is not right, it is difficult to sort it out.

The documentation is woefully lacking for this 5.1 passthru, and it took a weekend full of experimentation to

achieve a sucessful outcome. I have another authoring application that worked the first time, and wasn't fussy with the matching length of audio and video. Also, I was able to add music for the menus.

Archived