Play One chapter only

theEngineer

Question

Good afternoon,

I have to start by saying this is my 3rd DVD. I’m pretty new at this entire process. I’ve had real good luck with the Media Creator 9 Suite so far.

I have a question regarding chapters in MyDVD.

At the main menu the viewer can either click on "Play the Entire Movie", or click on another link that sends you to a sub menu. The sub menu shows the individual chapters. When you click on the chapter link button, the movie starts from that chapter. Ideally, I’d like to ONLY play that one chapter that was originally selected. That isn’t what happens. The DVD plays from the selected chapter but also plays to the end of the production.

Any thoughts?

Thanks!

A.

2 answers to this question

Good afternoon,

I have to start by saying this is my 3rd DVD. I'm pretty new at this entire process. I've had real good luck with the Media Creator 9 Suite so far.

I have a question regarding chapters in MyDVD.

At the main menu the viewer can either click on "Play the Entire Movie", or click on another link that sends you to a sub menu. The sub menu shows the individual chapters. When you click on the chapter link button, the movie starts from that chapter. Ideally, I'd like to ONLY play that one chapter that was originally selected. That isn't what happens. The DVD plays from the selected chapter but also plays to the end of the production.

Any thoughts?

Thanks!

A.

The behavior is no different from a commercial movie where you select a particular scene(chapter) and it plays to the end of the movie.

The only way I can think of that will do what you want is to create separate movies. Then create a submenu with all those separate movies on it. In the setting for each movie, specify the action to go ("After Playing") to that submenu so another selection can be made.

Archived