• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 27 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Error while writing DVD with Toast 7.1.2

bitzomondo

Question

I am trying to burn a double -layer DVD with Toast 7.1.2 but get following error message:

The drive reported an error:

Sense Key = ILLEGAL REQUEST

Sense Code = 0x26

INVALID FIELD PARAMETER LIST

The file I am burning is from a disk image i made with toast and I am burning it as a DVD disk now.

Further inforamation as follows:

Data size: 4.39 GB

Media used: TDK DVD+R 8.5GB double layer 2.4x speed

Burner:

PIONEER

Model: PIONEER DVD-RW DVR-110

Revision: 1.41

Drive Type: CD-RW/DVD-RW

Disc Burning: Vendor Supported

Removable Media: Yes

Detachable Drive: No

Protocol: ATAPI

Unit Number: 0

Socket Type: Internal

System: Apple OSX 10.3.9.

I have updated the firmware of my drive already so that is not the issue I think.

Please HELP! Am dying here. need to put this on DVD. Cheers :):huh:

8 answers to this question

Just to be clear: you are using the Image File setting and not the Disc copy setting in the Copy window, right?

Initially, in the Video tab I created a DVD-Video (with DVD-menu option selected) and saved it as a disk image (4.39GB)

Then I select the Copy menu tab and select Image File and drag the 4.39GB disk image into the area

I mount the disk. The DVD appears on my desktop. I select the Disk Copy option on Toast and then drag my DVD disk from the desktop onto the area.

And press the red button to burn.

So yes I am using the Disk copy setting in the copy window and NOT the Image file setting because I want to burn a DVD video disk for playback not a DVD disk with an image file in it.

That is so close to fitting on a single-layer disc. I think Toast burns 4.38 GB to a single-layer disc.

My guess is that it is the media. Try again with Verbatim DVD+R DL media. That seems to be the only DL media that works on most drives.

I presume you are using the image file setting in the Copy window for this burn.

Initially, in the Video tab I created a DVD-Video (with DVD-menu option selected) and saved it as a disk image (4.39GB)

Then I select the Copy menu tab and select Image File and drag the 4.39GB disk image into the area

Stop here and burn the DVD.

yes so close! Alas, I tried fitting in on a Verbatim DVD-r 4.7Gb and also on a Sony DVD-R 4.7 GB put media won't fit!

Yes, I am using the Disc Copy option from the Copy menu for burning the dvd once the image has been mounted.

Look, I have managed to burn the darn dvd using popcorn onto the double layer disc. :)

Yet I would like to still know if anyone has the solution for doing it via Toast.

Cheers.

yes so close! Alas, I tried fitting in on a Verbatim DVD-r 4.7Gb and also on a Sony DVD-R 4.7 GB put media won't fit!

Yes, I am using the Disc Copy option from the Copy menu for burning the dvd once the image has been mounted.

Look, I have managed to burn the darn dvd using popcorn onto the double layer disc. :)

Yet I would like to still know if anyone has the solution for doing it via Toast.

Cheers.

Just to be clear: you are using the Image File setting and not the Disc copy setting in the Copy window, right?

Stop here and burn the DVD.

I have already successfully burnt the DVD using Popcorn

But for future reference:

Are you telling me that once I drop the image file into the area and burn the image file (which contains video_ts & audio_ts folders) onto a DVD disc it automatically becomes a playable DVD disc after the burining process completes??

:)

I have already successfully burnt the DVD using Popcorn

But for future reference:

Are you telling me that once I drop the image file into the area and burn the image file (which contains video_ts & audio_ts folders) onto a DVD disc it automatically becomes a playable DVD disc after the burining process completes??

:)

Yes, when you use the Image File setting in the Toast Copy window.

Archived