VideoWave 9 Add Transitions Very Slow

ugamummra

Question

I just installed EMC9 yesterday. For the most part, I really like the software. I am, however, having one big problem. VideoWave9 is unbearably slow when adding transitions. When I click the button to open the add transition window, it opens very slowly. Once it opens, there is a 15 second delay every time I click the vertical scroll bar. With it being this slow, it would take me hours to make a 10 minute video with multiple transitions. I have my system info in my signature. Oh, and I already updated the latest drivers for my video card.

5 answers to this question

Have you updated to the latest DirectX 9? Also, stop RoxWatch from running by clicking on the icon in your tray and telling it to stop watching folders. Or, you can disable it through msconfig.

I just went to Microsoft.com and ran DirectX 9.0c End-User Runtime. This did not improve anything. Any more ideas?

I just went to Microsoft.com and ran DirectX 9.0c End-User Runtime. This did not improve anything. Any more ideas?

Yes. Try the second thing I told you to do, in my first post. Also, I don't know how fast that integrated video chip will actually work, with the software. You may be getting all of the speed you can get.

Other things to try are defragmenting your hard drive, checking for adware/spyware, and checking for viruses.

Yes. Try the second thing I told you to do, in my first post. Also, I don't know how fast that integrated video chip will actually work, with the software. You may be getting all of the speed you can get.

Other things to try are defragmenting your hard drive, checking for adware/spyware, and checking for viruses.

Sorry, forgot to say I did that as well. Even though I did that, when I open up VideoWave 9 I see RoxMediaDB9.exe as a running process in the Task Manager.

I'm just confused by this. When adding videos, images, or audio the program runs fine. Its only when I try to add transitions, effects, or text. Its like its slow because it has to find the image to go along with each type of transition, text, etc.

I guess I find it hard to believe that the problem is my video card when I can watch a preview of a movie within VideoWave without any glitches. My only problem is transtions, text, etc.

Any additional help is appreciated.

Sorry, forgot to say I did that as well. Even though I did that, when I open up VideoWave 9 I see RoxMediaDB9.exe as a running process in the Task Manager.

I'm just confused by this. When adding videos, images, or audio the program runs fine. Its only when I try to add transitions, effects, or text. Its like its slow because it has to find the image to go along with each type of transition, text, etc.

I guess I find it hard to believe that the problem is my video card when I can watch a preview of a movie within VideoWave without any glitches. My only problem is transtions, text, etc.

Any additional help is appreciated.

In VideoWave, click on Tools, then click on Options. Is Render set to Hardware or Software? You could try setting it to Software, and see if it goes any faster, but you won't be able to use any 3-D transitons.

I just installed EMC9 yesterday. For the most part, I really like the software. I am, however, having one big problem. VideoWave9 is unbearably slow when adding transitions. When I click the button to open the add transition window, it opens very slowly. Once it opens, there is a 15 second delay every time I click the vertical scroll bar. With it being this slow, it would take me hours to make a 10 minute video with multiple transitions. I have my system info in my signature. Oh, and I already updated the latest drivers for my video card.

Have you updated to the latest DirectX 9? Also, stop RoxWatch from running by clicking on the icon in your tray and telling it to stop watching folders. Or, you can disable it through msconfig.

Archived