• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 7 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Burning Data

AlWalsh

Ok still running the old Win 982nd Edition. I have a Plextor DVD burner Px740A. I would really like to burn DVD data but can't seem to. I don't know where to go to check if the unit is compatible. Or is there a way to get around it. I am really ticked off because my first CD burner was a Plextor and it came with Roxio, the PX740 came with Nero. I tried to have both in the same computer ( Does not work). If you run the 2 on your computer--- big and I mean big problems. Why does Plextor give out 2 different burning programs and they are not compatable with each other.????? So therefore I am looking for a solution to burn DVD data using the Roxio Platinium 5 that I have. Any Solutions.???

Al

Ok still running the old Win 982nd Edition. I have a Plextor DVD burner Px740A. I would really like to burn DVD data but can't seem to. I don't know where to go to check if the unit is compatible. Or is there a way to get around it. I am really ticked off because my first CD burner was a Plextor and it came with Roxio, the PX740 came with Nero. I tried to have both in the same computer ( Does not work). If you run the 2 on your computer--- big and I mean big problems. Why does Plextor give out 2 different burning programs and they are not compatable with each other.????? So therefore I am looking for a solution to burn DVD data using the Roxio Platinium 5 that I have. Any Solutions.???

Al

"why does Plextor give out 2 different programs", you should contact Plextor for an answer.

If your burner is new (in the last 2 years) it will not be supported, as the last drive-up update was Dec 2004.

"why does Plextor give out 2 different programs", you should contact Plextor for an answer.

If your burner is new (in the last 2 years) it will not be supported, as the last drive-up update was Dec 2004.

The Plextor DVD burner Px740A is a DVD-DL burner, far too new for ECDC 5 to be able to deal with. When the program came out, burning DVD Data discs was radically new. There have been no software updates since the spring of 2003, and no updates for drive recognition since December 2004.

You will need newer software to run your new burner. The software they include is a program the mfgr feels will work well with the burner. Have you tried it?

Roxio and Nero should be able to get along of only ONE Packet-Writing program (Drag2Disc, InCD) is installed. Considering the reliability of Packet-Writing, it wouldn't be a bad idea not to install any.

Lynn

Archived