• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 6 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

directcd downloads?

Geordie

I recently purchased a new computer....an imac. I have lots of cd's with pictures, etc on them that were made with directcd. I purchased windows xp home to run on the new mac, so I can still use some of my old programs I like. my question is:

were can i download the directcd program so I can access these files?

I cant install my easy cd creator 5 on the new windows program.

it wont let me...

I recently purchased a new computer....an imac. I have lots of cd's with pictures, etc on them that were made with directcd. I purchased windows xp home to run on the new mac, so I can still use some of my old programs I like. my question is:

it wont let me...

Read this post: http://forums.support.roxio.com/index.php?showtopic=122

my question is:

it wont let me...

There is nowhere that you can download Direct CD, at least no legal site.

You have just discovered that Direct CD is not a good choice of program to make backups, sorry.

There is nowhere that you can download Direct CD, at least no legal site.

You have just discovered that Direct CD is not a good choice of program to make backups, sorry.

In the post that Ogdens linked to, two recovery programs are mentioned- cdroller (www.cdroller.com) and ISOBuster (www.isobuster.com) - both have impressive testimonials on their websites and in the Roxio boards. Both have "trial" Versions that let you see if anything can be recovered before you have to pay.

If you used RW media instead of R media, the liklihood of anything being recoverable is poor.

You might find this post interesting (it is posted in a different Version BUT the info applies to ALL burning Versions and Applications)

http://forums.support.roxio.com/index.php?showtopic=12382

Lynn

• 2 months later...
The poster got his answer and hasn't come back since then, Lynn.

Good try though.

Yes but even if the person originally posting the question didn't/hasn't returned the additional information came up in a google search which took me to the information needed (that being I wish I'd never used DirectCD years ago... lol).

Looks like I'm going to be loading up an ancient 4x HPCDwriter + and installing my just found directCD 3.x software that doesn't recognize (obviously) the newer DVD/CD drives I've got. Good thing I kept Win98... blah.

The trial version of isobuster tells me it's all there but, eh, I'm cheap. :rolleyes:

John

www.bassgirl.com

I think everybody missed one point in the OP's post - they have an imac - not a PC :P

OK - they're running XP in emulation mode which wouldn't help (very sluggish) so they'd be better off with a native Mac app

I didn't miss that, Daithi. The poster is running XP and wanting to know about Direct CD, so (s)he was told about Direct CD.

Not for us to start telling the poster about Mac things we have no personal experience of, and even if we had that experience it would have been off topic wouldn't it?

Archived