• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 7 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Dvd And Buttons

sinecure99

Question

:):huh: I have a downloaded version of ECD 8 and am trying to make a DVD with several slide shows BUT I want to have a menu with some buttons linking to choices eg. screen ratio 4:3 or 16:1 and have separate shows for each. And some buttons to computer items for when the disk is run in DVD-ROM instead of a TV player.

No matter what I do the menu item for "Add new unlinked button" is greyed out. The only way I can make any button is to add a slideshow and get its title or thumbnail. Help suggests that some features are not available in all versions but since I bought the whole package of ECD 8 just a couple of weeks ago, what am I missing?

Support does not respond to any emails - live chat cannot be found - and I don't see why I should pay for a call to Toronto plus $35. to learn about something that does not work right. I have read the Help until I am blue - the knowledge base only gives reference to Photosuite. Can this software work (Version 5 seemed OK) or should I try and get a refund?

Somebody please make me feel better. Thanks.

4 answers to this question

:):huh: I have a downloaded version of ECD 8 and am trying to make a DVD with several slide shows BUT I want to have a menu with some buttons linking to choices eg. screen ratio 4:3 or 16:1 and have separate shows for each. And some buttons to computer items for when the disk is run in DVD-ROM instead of a TV player.

No matter what I do the menu item for "Add new unlinked button" is greyed out. The only way I can make any button is to add a slideshow and get its title or thumbnail. Help suggests that some features are not available in all versions but since I bought the whole package of ECD 8 just a couple of weeks ago, what am I missing?

Somebody please make me feel better. Thanks.

Did you install the upgrade?

If the "Add new unlinked button" was enabled, how would you go about making the choices of either 4:3 or 16:1? Would you have to make 2 seperate productions, one 4:3 and the other 16:1, and then link those two productions???

There is no upgrade that I am aware of for the downloaded version. I think the download is only for the CD version. Unless something new happened recently and I was never told by support.

Yes. if the button thing was working I would do two programs and have a link to each to give those with different screen setups a choice. Would be a nice touch. This would only work for a home made job of course but that is what I am doing - a history album for a seniors group.

Sigh!

I am wondering what the reason is for having an unlinked button? Could you not drag a jpeg image from Windows Explorer onto the menu? This would create a button linked to the image. Later, when editing on the timeline, you can replace the panel (of the image) with a movie, or whatever.

Alternatively, you could also keep the jpeg image as the button image. So instead of replacing it's panel, just add the movie immediately after that panel. Next select the image's panel, change duration to .33 seconds, change contrast to zero, change brightness to zero. Even though the image now shows as 1/3rd seconds of black, the thumbnail image in the button is fully visible. Your movie begins with 1/3rd seconds of black, but you won't notice.

Anyway, Windows Sniper will enable the "Add new unlinked button." http://www.unhuman.com

Oh. Well I'm not sure then about the downloaded version, but in the CD Version, the "Add New Unlinked Button" seems to work just fine. Try uninstalling and then reinstalling the program. That's what I did. The first time I installed the program that option was greyed out so I uninstalled-reinstalled the program like 2 times, and then it worked just fine! :)

Archived