Write Error Burning CD

Sandyc116738x

Question

I burned 4 different CD's this afternoon from Creator Classic 7.5 using Imation CD-R 1X-52X CD. All but one CD returned the following error message:

NEC DVD+RW ND-1100A (Write error - Medium error "[03/0C/00]"

On the last CD that I burned, I got the message twice.

What does this mean? The CD's when check contain the data and appeared to open OK in various software programs.

Sandy

4 answers to this question

I burned 4 different CD's this afternoon from Creator Classic 7.5 using Imation CD-R 1X-52X CD. All but one CD returned the following error message:

NEC DVD+RW ND-1100A (Write error - Medium error "[03/0C/00]"

On the last CD that I burned, I got the message twice.

What does this mean? The CD's when check contain the data and appeared to open OK in various software programs.

Sandy

It could mean a few things.....try another brand of media, update your firmware or your burner is on the way out. Imation is usually pretty good in my book but I'd first check your firmware and see if it's up to date.

Sandy

Just because the data appears to open OK in various software programs does NOT mean that it's ok. Try actually using the data ( ie. copy it back onto your hard drive using Windows Explorer)

It's possible that the error message is incorrect, but you don't want to find out several months from now that the data cannot be used on the CDs.

It could mean a few things.....try another brand of media, update your firmware or your burner is on the way out. Imation is usually pretty good in my book but I'd first check your firmware and see if it's up to date.

A couple of weeks ago, I removed a CD from the burner and a spongy "disk" was on top of the CD. The disk is the size of the clear circle around the cente rof the CD. I wondered at the time where it came from. Could this perhaps be off the burner? And could it cause such a message?

I copied data from the files burned on the CD with the message onto a Zip disk and could open and change data on the one I tried. I also checked ROXIO for updates and it said there were none. I have version 7.5 and they are now up to version 9, which has features I'll never use.

Thanks for you quick response to my problem.

A couple of weeks ago, I removed a CD from the burner and a spongy "disk" was on top of the CD. The disk is the size of the clear circle around the cente rof the CD. I wondered at the time where it came from. Could this perhaps be off the burner? And could it cause such a message?

I copied data from the files burned on the CD with the message onto a Zip disk and could open and change data on the one I tried. I also checked ROXIO for updates and it said there were none. I have version 7.5 and they are now up to version 9, which has features I'll never use.

Thanks for you quick response to my problem.

Some of the disc packages have a clear or foam padding at the top of the discs and it might have come from your new set of cd's. You might have wacked your burner out of commission. It's a guess at this point. With the error you have, and what you've just stated, it does seem likely it's a problem with your burner.

Just to be sure, try another program to burn a disc such as Windows Media Player or some other program you may have on your system. If the burner doesn't work with a separate program, we most likely have an answer.

Archived