• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 10 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Can Someone Recommend A Good PCI or External Capture Card?

HRPufnstuf65

Question

6 answers to this question

I'd like to be able to capture from various devices (VCR, DV, Camcorder) and was wondering what's a good one in the $80 to $200 range, that works well with EMC 9, according to my specs below.

Thanks!

Here is a partial list of supported devices.

I use a Pinnacle A/V capture card.

I'd like to be able to capture from various devices (VCR, DV, Camcorder) and was wondering what's a good one in the $80 to $200 range, that works well with EMC 9, according to my specs below.

Thanks!

If you have an analog camcorder, you will need a card. I first tried an ATI TV wonder. Could not make it work, could not get any help from ATI, wasted many $$$ in Long Distance calls to ATI support in CAnada. I returned the ATI card and bought a Hauppauge WinTV-PVR 150 PCI card, [$99.00} includes easy to use software, TV tuner to watch TV on the PC. Installed very easily, works great, no trouble with it over last 2+ years. EMC9 recognizes it and works with it. Phone support in Hauppauge, N.J, but have not needed it. Not sure what current model is, but check out http://www.hauppauge.com/

If you have an analog camcorder, you will need a card. I first tried an ATI TV wonder. Could not make it work, could not get any help from ATI, wasted many $$$ in Long Distance calls to ATI support in CAnada. I returned the ATI card and bought a Hauppauge WinTV-PVR 150 PCI card, [$99.00} includes easy to use software, TV tuner to watch TV on the PC. Installed very easily, works great, no trouble with it over last 2+ years. EMC9 recognizes it and works with it. Phone support in Hauppauge, N.J, but have not needed it. Not sure what current model is, but check out http://www.hauppauge.com/

If he has an analog camcorder and a newer digital camcorder with the pass through capability, he won't need a capture card, if the newer digital camcorder can connect to the computer via firewire.

The reason that I have to use my Hauppauge card is, I don't have a newer digital camcorder to go along with my ancient analog camcorder. I do like the Hauppauge card, though. :)

Thanks!

If you have a camcorder that can connect to your computer via firewire, and it has the pass through capabilities, you may not need a capture card.

I need a capture card to do any capture work from my ancient VHS camcorder. When needed, I use the Hauppauge card listed in my signature.

I'm the same as Bruce , and i use the Firewire connection from my DV camcorder mostly, but iv also been using this device for use off my video player and DVD player, or any other external media unit.

I also have the Dazzle DV90 from my EMC8 deluxe box and i use that to, but mainly this device.

Here is what iv been using:

YUAN Butterfly USB 2.0 Hardware MPEG2 TV Tuner Supporting Teletext, MCE Certified

Hardware MPEG 2 Encoder: CONEXANT™ CX23416 chipset inside to process the real time hardware MPEG2 compression

Watch TV on your PC or Notebook: Built-in PHILIPS™ MK 3 Tuner Module to display the broadcast signal at high fidelity with less noise and no disturbance

Portable Multimedia Center: Handheld size with compact design to create and enjoy multimedia entertainments with TV viewing, Video Capture, Video Editing, Disc Burning, Time Shifting, Reservation Recording, Remote Control and more.

Video Capture and Editing: Transfer from various video sources (TV, VCR, DVD, Camcorder, etc.) to MPEG1 and MPEG2 files

Easy DVD Maker: Make interactive video as DVD, VCD, SVCD and miniDVD.

Hi-speed USB2.0: USB2.0 Plug & Play 480Mbps

post-293-1166480288.jpg

Archived