• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 7 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Missing File, bad installation, etc...!

Linus

Question

I use XP with the SP2 with the Nvida GeoForce MX420 card with BEAUCOUP hard drive space (2TB!) While trying for the SIXTH time to use this product, I keep getting FOUR (4) main issues:

1: During installation, the Windows "setup" box appears and does NOT disappear.

2: The software states that my video driver for my Nvida GeoForce MX 420 card need to be updated... which I did... but with little or no effect.

3: ANY and ALL video that I attempt to fix, edit, or even RUN using the VideoWave portion of this software turns my computer into a PAPERWEIGHT! It just... FREEZES UP!!

4: A file by the name of "CmDVDreg.exe." appears to be missing, and I cannot locate it on the installed product nor the installation CD itself!!

Solution: Should I just... give up? Should I return this "software" back from whence it came?? I really don't want to do that because I NEED IT! Can anyone offer a ray of light for my strife?? :)

2 answers to this question

Well... I can only try, but I will have to try to install EMC9 YET AGAIN! I will heed your words, but I will have to see if it will allow me to perform a CLEAN INSTALL this time. The installation is where I had my first difficulties, and I was also instructed to stop running my Norton AntiVirus '06 and my ZoneAlarm Pro while attempting the install. Does Windows Firewall pose a problem? If so, can I deactivate it? Of course, this will leave my computer vulnerable... or should I disconnect my cable modem for this?

I use XP with the SP2 with the Nvida GeoForce MX420 card with BEAUCOUP hard drive space (2TB!) While trying for the SIXTH time to use this product, I keep getting FOUR (4) main issues:

1: During installation, the Windows "setup" box appears and does NOT disappear.

2: The software states that my video driver for my Nvida GeoForce MX 420 card need to be updated... which I did... but with little or no effect.

3: ANY and ALL video that I attempt to fix, edit, or even RUN using the VideoWave portion of this software turns my computer into a PAPERWEIGHT! It just... FREEZES UP!!

4: A file by the name of "CmDVDreg.exe." appears to be missing, and I cannot locate it on the installed product nor the installation CD itself!!

Solution: Should I just... give up? Should I return this "software" back from whence it came?? I really don't want to do that because I NEED IT! Can anyone offer a ray of light for my strife?? :)

If you have it installed, open VideoWave and go to the top menu - tools>options and set the render dot next to software. See if that will solve some of the freezing problem.

This program requires several "registrations" did you register for all of them. Did you ever get a registration notice for the mpg2 codec? Did you agree to that? If you did not get that registration or you chose not to register, you will have problems. Down at the bottom of this board is a registration section. Look for how to do a manual registration.

Archived